[Mika] Chapter V (ending no.2)

~ You decide on calling Shu and asking him to come as support for Mika ~

Your gaze remained glued to the place where you lost Mika from your sight just a few minutes ago, as you thought about what to do.

Poor baby was so emotional that even you felt at the verge of crying alongside him.

What should I do to comfort him...?

You sat down at the bench again. Running after him seemed rather pointless regarding the blackness of the night which surrounded you, as well as the noisy and busy atmosphere. The cotton candy in your hand had already melted halfway and you swiftly licked a drop which was about to fall onto your clothes.

Gosh. Better eat it whole before it gets all over me.

You served yourself both cotton candy sticks but nevertheless, didn't enjoy them as much as you would've if Mika was still with you. Your mind kept going astray, reminding you of Mika's sad puppy eyes and disappointed voice which vividly depicted his broken heart. His sincere feelings were enough to shaken up even the strongest of hearts.

Then you remembered the cause of his sorrows. Shu.

Ugh, that bastard! He had time to ask ME to join him instead of sparing some for Mika, when he knew that he held his event tonight!

Suddenly you felt as if a light bulb lit up in your brain. You couldn't tell if it was the great amounts of sugar that you had just consumed or your intuition (might've been the IQ as well), but your fingers instinctively searched up for your phone. The dial pad vibrated beneath your touch and you pressed the phone against your ear.

After a few beeps you began doubting your choices and yourself, but suddenly a man's voice was heard on the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

"Shu? Why is it so noisy in the background, I can barely distinguish your voice."

"I'm at the gala. You of all people should be acquainted with that." – there was a tinge of sarcasm in his voice when he said that. You felt your blood rushing.

"Speaking of which," – you continued, attempting to control your emotions – "what about Mika?"

The other end of the line was barely audible. You heard footsteps on a concrete floor and the background noise reduced. Then you heard Shu speak again.

"What do you mean, what about him?"

"Hmmm, I don't know, maybe just that his special charity event is happening tonight?" – your voice stayed quiet but you hissed the last few words through your teeth, anger getting the best of you.

"Wait, what?" – he sounded confused.

"Don't act so innocent and confused. Mika said he had told you about it around a month in advance. And you didn't even care tell him about your gala?!"

"I- There- There were reasons as of why I didn't tell him about the gala! Don't go sticking your nose where you shouldn't!"

"Well for your information, sir, Mika is currently hidden somewhere devastated and crying his eyes out because the person he adores the most chose some gala event over an event organized by Mika himself! It's not fair, you know!"

Silence. You stood there in the midst of the darkness with the phone pressed against your ear.

"Shu, are you still there?"

"Send me your location. I'm coming there."

* * *

After around twenty minutes since the call ended, you finally noticed Shu emerge from the thick crowd and approach you with a slightly worried expression. Your nervousness kept growing with every minute passed sitting behind the stage where you were supposed to wait for Shu to come.