[Shu] Chapter IV

I opened Wattpad a month after I published the previous part (completely opposite of when I said I'll post again lol) and came to 19 mind blowing notifications. 

And guess what? They were about this fanfiction which had gotten past 200 views and 15 votes which is my record! 

I took my time to read every single comment left behind and I'm very thankful to everyone who read the story <3

____________________________________________

~ You choose to accompany Shu to the fashion gala ~
____________________________________________

Shu's car was speeding across the warm asphalted streets, slightly trembling as a result to the unevenness of the asphalt. You sat on the front seat with the safety belt tightly secured across your shoulder and quietly glared at Shu. 

You were astonished by his driving skills, the way he drove fast but always took the turns lightly. He handled the wheel with care, but in the same time moved it aggressively left and right depending of the direction you were to head in.

His flawless black and elegant tuxedo emphasized Shu's tall figure, pointing out his solid yet delicate build. His purple eyes burned in focus, when suddenly they met yours. 

His confidence shot through you like an arrow, striking right in your heart. You felt heat arise and not being able to bear his persistent gaze, you looked away.

"We're almost there." – Shu spoke. You nodded in response, a small grin spreading across your face.

Then you remembered something. "Will I know anyone there?" – you asked him.

Shu thought for a second before he answered. "Kiryu will be there, as well as Tsukinaga. Plus you'll be with me the whole time so you needn't worry about staying alone. I can introduce you to some of my acquaintances."

"Fair enough."

The car turned right and followed a hundred-meter street to its end where a glamorous villa resided, its roof seemingly touching the clouds. The villa was surrounded by a well-maintained park fenced with black casted iron rods overgrown with ivy. In the front was a car park where the guests' vehicles would simultaneously come and park or come and go, dropping the guests off at the villa's grand entrance.

Shu's car also parked in between the other formal vehicles and he deactivated the engine. "Okay, now as we made a deal. We act formally in the first two hours until the head of the fashion industry leaves, then we're free to do as we please or simply leave as well."

You nodded.

While he was doing your hair and makeup, Shu clearly stated out a couple of simple rules. It mostly concerned the fact that he wanted to leave a good impression to the head of the fashion industry who would also attend that night's gala. In fact, he himself was the one who established the formality rules for the event, aiming to recreate the perfectly mannered old-society atmosphere. Shu sincerely hoped that the head of the industry would notice him and his creations, for which even humble admiration would be enough to satisfy himself.

Shu exited the car and you lost him out of your sight. Just moments later the door from your side opened and a well-groomed hand was elegantly straightened toward you. You placed your palm gently on top of it as the man slightly tightened the grip and pulled you up on your legs.

"You're gorgeous." – Shu's gaze examined every inch of yourself from top to bottom. You looked away in embarrassment. Shu had been surprisingly straightforward with you recently. At this point, you really didn't even know if he complimented the dress or yourself.