banana milk- jungkook

@nicpali

@nicpali

another day working at the convenience store overnight on a weekend, when she should be
hanging out with her friends.

not a lot of people came in this time of day, so it was even more boring then it would be usually.

one customer never failed to come though. jeon jungkook at 3am would stroll in, and buy a banana milk.

today was no exception.

the time was just ticking over to 3am, and jungkook walked through the door into the empty shop.

"what a surprise." y/n said, greeting him, "banana milk?"

jungkook smiled and nodded, "yep, thank you"

she looked for a banana milk that was behind the counter in the mini fridge, there had been a lot of orders for that specific milk but she saved a few for jungkook and so the normal customers could get some.

"how do you never fail to come buy a banana milk at exactly 3am."

"because i sleep then wake up and want banana milk." he explained simply, as he began to get the money from his pocket.

"this milk is almost sold out you know. it's been getting very popular."

jungkook looked up, doe-eyed,"really? people have been coming in to buy it?"

"yes. and just that too." she said, waiting for the money he was still searching for.

"ah wow. i don't want it to sell out! i think i forgot some money... ah, i'm gonna have to go all the way back. i'll be back !"

"are you sure?" she said, "i can pay for the rest, it's only a little bit, right?"

"no, no it's fine." he said, " i can't ask you to do that."

"you're not asking me to," she said, "i know what banana milk means for you."

she gave it to him and finished paying with her own money.

"thank you, thank you!" he said gratefully, tsing the banana milk, "i'll repay you tomorrow!"

———

he kept his promise, and exactly the next day he came back at the same time, and repayed her, however he noticed she seemed extremely tired this time.

"are you okay?" he asked, buying some ramen along with his banana milk, a weird combination.

"me? i'm fine."

"no, you're not normally like this. what's wrong."

she laughed a little under her breath, "why would i tell you? we hardly know each other."

"no we know each other. you're y/n, you work here every day at this time and finish at 8am and you have a little brother you look after, which is why you work so long you also work another job and study too. you've told me a lot."

looking back, she had told him all that, and now she thought of it. she knew a lot about jungkook too.

"it's just that, don't you ever think you should be doing more with your life, that you should be enjoying youth?" she looked at him, and after a while, he nodded.

"yeah. i train a lot so, yeah. but you just have to think, is it worth it? "

———
she had thought a lot after that. and after jungkook talked to her a while longer, she decided to go out the next day instead of studying and go out with her brother.

they went to the town center, to just see what they could do, when they saw a small platform with a crowd of people standing around it.

on the platform was seven figures, and as she got closer, she realised that the boy who always came to the store. jungkook was on there.

"whats going on?" chanyeol asked a nearby person who was in the crowd.

"oh! they are BTS!" she smiled, hardly able to keep her eyes off them, "they're a new idol group."

chanyeol nodded, turning back to her. "what's wrong?"

she kept her eyes on jungkook. with the others, who she assumed were his members he was really quiet, observing and chipping a few words in every now and then.

"i know him." she told chanyeol.

"huh? he's a idol, look at him. how do you know him?"

"he comes to the store." she said, "he gets banana milk. i didn't know he debuted."

jungkook looked amongst the crowd, and stopped when his eyes met her. he looked as if he wanted to wave, anything. but he couldn't, and his hands stayed wrapped around his mic, he nodded a little though, and smiled.

"that's jungkook! what the hell is he doing here???" she whispered to her brother, he looked perplexed at her.

"no, no you're mistaking him for someone else."

———
again, jungkook came to the store again that night, this time alot more nervous since she had saw him singing.

"i never knew you debuted." she said, as he browsed a little more this time.

"yeah....was it okay? our performance and stuff?"

"yes!" she smiled, "it was fun to watch. your fans really like you guys."

"they do? it's hard to think up there. like keep up. anyway, you took my advice?"

"yeah." she nodded, already getting his banana milk from the mini fridge. "it was nice to get about a bit. and your singing was really good by the way."

"it was? i was nervous, i'm glad you liked it." he laughed nervously, but he felt a little better now.

"yeah. tell me next time you perform something like that. it was cool, and my brother liked it too."

he nodded, "i will.... can i have your number then?"