Under the waterfalls

*Photo from Mariowiki: https://www.mariowiki.com/Cascade_Kingdom*

Peach was traveling on the electric wire when suddenly, it came to an end and she crash-landed onto the ground.

She raised her head and saw a world with many fossils walls, a giant waterfall, and a lot of chain chomps.

"I remember the Odyssey crashed here last time, and we need to find it and power it up." Tiara said, "Have you seen a bridge covered in fossils over there? We need to find a way to break the fossils and free the bridge."

Peach made her way near the bridge and saw a chain chomp barking, coming towards her when it saw her.

She dodged and tiara said, "Now throw me at it and break the fossils."

She controlled the chain chomp, charged it, and sent it flying toward the fossils. The fossils broke, revealing a power moon and the bridge connected the two sides of the waterfall.

They made their way to an old structure, which was embedded in the stone walls, having a rusted globe that looks like a hat.

"This is the Odyssey I am talking about." Tiara said, "Now give it that power moon to see if we can power it up or not."

Peach threw Tiara at the globe and the power moon got absorbed into the ship, but nothing happened.

"It seems we don't have enough power moons. What about we explore the place and find more." Tiara marked the checkpoint.

Peach found a pair of binoculars near the checkpoint, and she looked up, seeing a fat broodal with three power moons.

"Tiara, look. I think we have enough moons. What about we go up and ask her politely to give us some of hers."

"Urgh, I don't think she is a friendly one."

Peach decaptured the binoculars and asked, "So who is her?"

"She is Madame Broode, the leader of the broodals. She is extremely angry with anyone intruding on her territory, and according to the locals she has been standing there at the top of the fossil falls for a long time. Nobody dares to drive her away because of her Chain Chompikins, which are kept by her as a pet."

"But she has a multi-moon, which can be used to power up the ship if we get it."

"What about we go up and ask friendly."

They went past a region with several chain chomps and saw something shining inside a fossil wall.

"What're the shiny blocks? It looks like an 8-bit block from the original Super Mario Bros."

"Perhaps it's a way up. How about you capture that mega-chain chomp and break it."

The chain chomp was charged and the walls fall off, revealing an 8-bit region and at the bottom, a pixel pipe leads to it.

Peach went inside and found herself in 2d.

"Where am I?"

"You are in an 8-bit region. There are pipes that can transform you into 8-bit and help you go up."

They got out of the 2d region, marked a checkpoint before the stone bridge, and hid behind a fossil brick.

Tiara said, pointing to a fat lady, "This is the bad Madame Broode I mentioned just now."

"What about we go and ask her." Peach walked past the bridge.

"Hi, I see you have some multi-moons. Can you give us one of them?" Peach asked, trying not to get frightened by her large body, which was larger when seeing from face to face.