Into the desert

Peach woke up early in the morning when the Odyssey landed and saw a stretch of dry desert before her.

"Where are we?" Peach wondered, searching the information booklet in the Odyssey for information, and after failing to find anything, she went out of the Odyssey hoping to find out some information.

As soon as she opened the door, a gust of hot wind blew toward her, forcing her back into the airship, "It's so hot here."

Suddenly, some locals dressed in Sombreros and Ponchos appeared at the airship and gave them some sets of clothes similar to theirs (Peach got pink pants instead of green pants). Peach put the clothes on and felt instantly cooler, but not as hot as in a desert.

"What's wrong with the weather?" She thought.

She went to a town with messy letters written on a wooden label "Tostarena", with several buildings with graffiti, a waterfall in the middle, and big plants. There is a bus stop and a bench colored yellow and pink, with a lion-looking creature standing there.

"This is Jaxi, a way of how to travel through the desert. It can run very fast but its momentum is very large, so be careful."

Peach went into the town and saw the locals all worried.

"Is anything wrong?" She was surprised when she saw ice in the desert.

"We didn't do anything, but suddenly the ice surrounded our town, and some people are frozen inside the ice." One resident wearing a Poncho said.

"What did you see before the disaster stroke?"

"We saw a weird-looking rabbit with two big ponytails, and a turtle-head monster went into the inverted pyramid. Then suddenly the town was cold and we were forced to go inside our building."

Peach took out the binoculars and took a look at the sky.

"I saw a big ring on his airship, with a chain on it. Do you know what is this?"

"Oh no. It's our national treasure, the binding band. It's a big ring made of pure gold and with diamonds embedded, and it took half a year to finish. It's said that our Prince will get married to a Princess in the Lake Kingdom, so we built the ring as a gift. Dear traveler, please get the ring back, or the Princess will be very disappointed."

"Don't worry. I have to stop him since he took my boyfriend?"

"That man locked inside the band? I don't mean to use the ring like that! It's not to be worn, but to be displayed as a gift!"

"I will go to defeat the rabbit and get your national gift back, okay? But please stay safe inside your building."

"Thank you so much."

Peach got on the Jaxi and rode across the desert. She climbed up an 8-bit section and across several sand bars. Eventually, she got on top of the inverted pyramid, where the rabbit was already waiting for her.

"Sorry, but our master needs to take the ring away."

"It's wrong to steal! Now give it back."

"He also tells me to stop troublemakers."

The rabbit started to scatter bombs, which left red pools when they exploded. She then took two big bombs with her ponytails and threw them hard into the floor. However, Peach knocked the bombs back and broke her metal hats.

The rabbit didn't give up and continued to throw more bombs, and Peach was cornered.

Suddenly, she saw an invincibility star shining beside her, and she took it--the local gave her the one dropped by Mario.

With all her rage, she ran into the rabbit and knocked her into outer space (invincibility doesn't act like that in the real game, but it's a story).

She was celebrating when suddenly, the sky became dark and the weather was colder. A local took her into a building and sat beside a fire.

"Now the rabbit is defeated, so what's going on?"

"I am afraid that the guardian of the binding band went into a rage because the ring is missing. If you want our town to go back to normal, he must be defeated, but nobody dares to go to the inverted pyramid to defeat him because of the mummies spawned all over the desert."

"Don't worry. I will go to fight him since I need another multi-moon to travel to the other kingdom."

The local gave her a Jaxi, "This can help you to defeat the mummies along the way, but be careful and good luck!"

Peach rode Jaxi to the inverted pyramid, and saw it was floating in the sky, with a hole in the desert. She jumped down the hole, captured a bullet bill, and went into a region that looks like an iced lake.

Suddenly, a big head appeared, "You took the ring? Now take this!"

The head created some ice and punched one hand into it. Surprisingly, she can capture the hand.

She slammed the hand into his head and got back into the battlefield.

The guardian started to clap his hands together, hoping to crush her, but she jumped and dodged it. Then, she captured the hand another two times like the bullet bill, and the hand slammed into the head, at last, breaking it into pieces and spawning a multi-moon.

She was teleported to the town as soon as the multi-moon was collected.

"Thank you so much, traveler." A local said, "But our ring is stolen by the monster, and I think the Princess will be disappointed."

"It's okay. I will go after him for my boyfriend and your binding band." Peach put the moons into the airship and another field of the sail was completed.

"We are setting off tonight. Now we are free to go to the Tostarena town." The toad said, "I will go with you if you want to."

When Peach went into the town, everyone was welcoming her for her heroic action of driving Harriet away from their tower. A local gave Peach an ice cream made from the ice on the ground.

"It tastes a bit sandy?" Peach inquired, spitting out some sand from her mouth.

"It's normal here since we have sand blowing all the time."

Peach also joined the local dance party and went fishing for the famous cheep-cheep. However, she fished up a Captain Toad.

"Princess, why are you here?" Captain Toad asked.

"I am here to rescue Mario. Would you like to go with us?"

"Certainly. Also, it's getting pretty late, let's head back to the Odyssey."

Sometime later, a toad said, "We are heading to the lake kingdom! All abroad!"

Peach and toads received a lot of gifts from the local resident, including a model of the inverted pyramid.

"Bye! We will come back after beating Bowser!" Peach shouted, with the Odyssey setting sail across the starry desert.