Chapter 13: Faded Memories

Accelerator here remember to leave a comment with your thoughts and opinion

Let's start:

Outside the town of Napoli in its ruins, Jaune is staring daggers at his childhood friend Rin or her true name Ereshkigal with her turning her gaze avoiding the angry look Jaune was giving her

Jaune: "Are you going to explain..."

Ereshkigal: "Explain what?"

Jaune: "From you lying about your identity to me to sealing up my memories"

Ereshkigal: "I had no choice to protect you, me and the others had to seal up your memories we know you well enough you'll end up risking your life on a whim besides if you want to talk about who sealed them up take it up with those three"

Jaune: "Her and Chifuyu...along with teach...right?"

Ereshkigal: "How's V and Chifuyu doing anyway?"

Jaune: "I had a reunion of sorts after becoming a godslayer and she didn't say a word to me about the past"

Ereshkigal: "That's Chifuyu for you not the type to be straight forward"

Jaune: "As for V my memories are still fussy but I don't think I've seen her, I'm more or less surprised it took me so long to remember"

Ereshkigal: "Your memories were sealed by someone with divine power it's not that surprising it took longer to break even for a Campione...though I'm surprised you...ended up becoming...one"

Jaune: "It wasn't by choice"

Ereshkigal: "how did it happen"

_____

_____

Jaune retailing her how he became a Campione starting from his strained relationship with his friends, meeting Velzard, up to Killing Albion using Veldanava's power

Ereshkigal: "...I see...do you regret it?...saving Velzard...I mean"

Jaune: "I never asked to be a demon [king] but I don't regret what I did so the only thing I can do is accept and take my role as a Campione in stride"

Ereshkigal smiled at this not only has Jaune hasn't change in her eyes but also seeing the similarity between them both given roles they didn't want but did them non the less, she looked down as Jaune turned to her

Jaune: "You never did tell me why you lied about your true identity"

Ereshkigal: "It's because of my myth you should tell can't you"

Jaune: "You're a goddess of mother earth right?"

Ereshkigal: "Yes meaning I'm also a goddess of death you need to remember this a goddess of the underworld and a goddess of the earth are the same, a representation of death...As Ereshkigal, I am the goddess that rules over the underworld the Queen of death"

Jaune: "So you thought I would be afraid"

Ereshkigal: "Yes...who would want to be near me"

As tears fall from here face Jaune placed his hand over her shoulder