Ch9.

CHAPTER 9.

"So you ready to go all Malcolm in there ?" Kyrie joked as they stopped in front of the principal office, it was the day after Amiri his outburst in the hallway, and he was ready to demand changes on school property.

"You funny." Amiri squinted his eyes at Kyrie.

"You are going to do amazing, you know exactly what everyone is feeling, and that mouth of yours is going to save a lot of kids." She smiled, fixing his shirt, he looked down at her hands that softly touched his shoulders and chest.

"Thank you for having my back, I know I have been very aggressive lately and-"

"Oh no don't say that, you are absolutely right and if it isn't you it might be someone else having an outburst negatively. So thank you for being you and speaking up." She cut him off and looked into his blue eyes, he had a soft look in those eyes as he felt the butterflies in his stomach.

There was no denying anymore for what he is feeling.

"Now go in there, Malcolm." She teased him, he rolled his eyes before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Alright, I'll see you later." He smiled, he knocked on the door and 5 seconds later earned a response telling him to come in.

He opened the door and stepped in, closing the door behind him.

"Mr. Shakur, sit down." The principal spoke.

Amiri looked around his office before he took a seat on one of the chairs in front of the desk, he never has been in here before. Amiri stayed out of trouble his whole high school career, so he didn't know what the inside looked like.

"Now, tell me. You seem to have a lot to say lately, I'm listening." The principal grabbed his notebook and a pen.

"Just like that ?" Amiri raised his eyebrow.

"You are trying to change something right ? Let's have a conversation then." The principal nodded.

"First I need to know if you are actually listening and this conversation is going somewhere, not just you are writing something down to throw it away later on." He pointed at the notebook in his hand.

"I'm writing it down, if I would throw it away I wouldn't waste my time writing it down or sitting here and listening to you."

Amiri nodded his head.

"Those posters need to disappear on the hallway, replace them with positive quotes. Some words that will brighten someone's day and not something that says to not kill yourself, no one wants to hear that. No person that actually considers killing themselves wants to hear those words. They want kindness, positivity and want to feel loved. And we need to do something, a trip. We lost a lot of people and need to be brought together again. Also, a drill like last week, cut it out. We were terrified, and after finding out it was a drill ? The fear turned into anger, and you don't want to provoke any more 18-year-olds that have easy access to guns, do you ? Honestly, it's common sense if you think about it. Also, we need security I agree, but we also need to push as a school like other schools in the country have been doing to push for a law that will prevent easy access to guns." Amiri pointed out, and the principal raised his eyebrow at the last thing.