Ch31.

CHAPTER 31.

Kyrie walked into the library and immediately spotted the person she needed, Lorenzo was seated at the table, she walked up to him and looked down.

Lorenzo didn't realize she was sitting in front of him, since he thought it was a random person he didn't look up and kept reading his book.

"Alright, you can be mad at me, ignore me, but you will hear me out. I'm sorry, I was being selfish, I was blinded. Barbara told me the interview would be good for me, but that's no excuse to cancel on a good friend. Please don't ignore me Zo." Kyrie pouted, he looked up from his book with a confused look.

"You think I'm mad ?"

"Your not ?"

"No, did I want you there ? Yes, I was just a little disappointed you chose the interview over me." He shrugged his shoulders, he was already over it.

"I'm sorry, I know I was wrong for cancelling." She sighed.

"Amiri gave you a hard time, huh?"

"He wrote Bad friend' on my pancake this morning with strawberries."

Lorenzo couldn't help but cackle out loud causing them to get dirty looks from the other students around them.

"He really put effort in it, huh?" Lorenzo chuckled.

"The strawberries were so little and perfectly cut, I had to give him his respect." She shook her head.

"Nah but you are good, I just want you to look out for this Barbara lady." Lorenzo scrunched his nose up.

"Why ?"

"Because she gives me bad vibes, Kyrie you didn't even play one game this season ain't no way she wants to represent you for your talent. She knows your name is going to pay her bills, she doesn't care if you lose anyone around you or get hurt along the way." He said the same thing everybody else had been saying.

This was definitely a sign for Kyrie... Barbara is a no-go zone for her career.

"Coach and Amiri said the same." She said.

"Yeah but you don't have to listen to us, it's just... we want the best for you because we know you and we care about you. You don't want to end up with an agent who doesn't have the right intentions with you." He shook his head.

"You are right, I'm not going to sign with her, I'm going to cut her off as a contact. It's too early for anyone to come around." She nodded her head.

"Good, cause Barbara. She gave me voodoo feelings." He joked and she giggled.

A couple of hours later, they were done with classes for today and Lorenzo and Kyrie were in the elevator going up to the apartment.

"Do you even realize your parents got you guys an apartment that is perfect for wheelchair users ?" Lorenzo asked as he strolled through the hallway.

"I didn't even notice, that's why my front door big as hell." She chuckled, they stopped in front of her front door. She got her keys out and opened her door.