Ch14.

CHAPTER 14.

2 weeks later after they made it official, the couple was still going strong. Their connection was beautiful and even though they were scared nothing could stop them for growing onto each other.

Amiri and Kyrie held hands while walking into the small diner in their neighborhood, the older lady behind the counter smiled as soon as she saw the two teenagers she watched growing up around the neighborhood walk in.

"Oh my God, please bless my old heart and tell me you guys are actually a couple." Miss Walker the owner off the diner walked up to their table.

"We are, she's mine." Amiri pointed at Kyrie who felt her cheeks heat up.

"Awww, I love young black love. I'm so happy, look at you two." The older lady said smiling at the two, they looked at each other and Amiri couldn't fight the smile that was on his face.

"If my husband was alive he would've loved seeing you two together, now what can I get you two ?" The lady looked at the two, and before they could answer she cut them off.

"Oh I got it, how can I forget ? I know exactly what you two want, be right back." They couldn't even say anything before she left, of course she knew what they wanted. They have been coming to the same diner since they were little kids.

Amiri remembered how many times him and Zaire got free meals because their momma had a hard time with paying for free, this diner was like a second home for the kids from Compton.

"You came here when you were little ?" Amiri wondered, before the incident at school where they both ended up in the toilet together they never saw each other anywhere besides at school. Amiri found it weird since they are from the same neighborhood.

"Yeah, when Mister Walker was still alive he used to do those homework classes where he helped all the kids with their homework after school. He was a smart man, because of him I passed my math." She smiled remembering the husband, he was a well respected man in the neighborhood.

"Word ? I did them classes too. It's crazy how we were always so close to each other but never talked to each other." Amiri shook his head.

"She looks so good, I hope she is doing okay. I can't imagine going through what she is going through." She shook her head referring to Miss Walker, her husband died a year ago because of cancer.

"I hope she is too, but something inside me tells me she is." He smiled before Miss Walker walked up to them with their food.

"One black pepper burger and one chicken tender burger with pepper sauce." She smirked putting their food on the table, Kyrie her mouth watered as she looked at her favorite burger.

"And two milkshakes, somehow y'all have the same favorite milkshake taste." She put the two chocolate banana milkshakes in front of them, they looked at each other.

"You want to be me so bad." Amiri joked looking at Kyrie.

"Boy bye with your big head ass." She shot back.

"Alright, enjoy y'all food." Miss Walker said.

"We will, thank you Miss Walker." Amiri smiled as she walked away from their table.