Ch10.

CHAPTER 10.

The tension inside the gym was high, the crowd was biting their nails as they headed into the last minute of the final quarter. The score was 120-116 as Kyrie and her team were 4 points behind and coach called a time-out.

"Listen, guard their guards closely and keep their bigs outside the paint. Kyrie you take the last shot, I don't care when you take that shot, but you are taking it." Coach looked at Kyrie who had a panicking expression on her face.

"But Coach, I can't do it." She shook her head, she didn't feel ready for this kinda pressure, while she just got back and this is her first game back.

"Yes you can, I believe in you. The whole team believes in you." Coach assured.

The time-out buzzer went off, and both teams made their way back to the court, 3 minutes in, and coach her plan worked. They were only 1 point down.

As the other team dribbled the ball towards their basket, they passed into the paint and one of their bigs managed to lay the ball in.

"I said keep them out of the pain !" Coach yelled from the sideline, Kyrie got the ball and noticed someone all the way on the other side inside the other team their paint. She threw the ball and the whole gym was amazed.

"Good job!" Coach yelled at Kyrie as her pass resulted into a bucket. As the other team bounced the ball back in, there were only 10 seconds left, Kyrie nodded at her teammate indicating to double-team the girl.

It worked, and the girl lost the ball, Kyrie's teammate stole the ball and Kyrie ran towards the corner. 5 seconds left.

"Come on girl, you can do it." Amiri whispered while he sat next to her parents, who both felt the tension.

Kyrie set her feet, her shoulder got in place, and she shot the ball. The buzzer went off while the ball was still in the air, Amiri his eyes widened while he accidentally grabbed onto Kyrie's dad his jacket.

The ball went in, and the whole gym exploded.

"Yeah ! Let's go ! That's what's up !" Amiri jumped up, her mother and father did the same.

Amiri suddenly couldn't help but to hug her father, which took him by surprise.

His eyes widened once he noticed what he is doing.

"Sorry sir." Amiri cleared his throat awkwardly before he felt two arms fly around him.

"I did it !" Kyrie screamed, wrapping her legs around his waist, he stumbled slightly but managed to keep them up.

"You did, we won." He smiled, and hugged her.

A throat clearing caused them to pull away, Kyrie's eyes connected with her father's and her eyes widened at the look in his eyes.

She immediately jumped out of Amiri's arms.

"You did amazing sweetie, I'm so proud of you !" Kyrie's mother hugged her daughter.

"Mom, dad !" Kayla ran towards them.

"Woah, slow down." Their father caught his younger daughter right before she could fall.