00.1

The sun was shining into the dining room of the Hard Deck providing more than enough light for both of the girls currently at the bar.

The significantly younger brunette, sitting at the bar with her notes sprawled across the bar top while the elder blonde cleaned up the surrounding area.

"What's the coordinates at pi over four?" The brunette asked the curly headed blonde woman standing in front of her.

"Amiee, that's the easiest one." The blonde said, throwing her head back in frustration.

"Easy for you to say. You've known this for like years."

"Okay," the blonde said, letting out a huff, "let's try this again."

Putting out her left hand which was decorated with rings and had only the remnants of blue nail polish left, she held up her thumb, pointer, and middle fingers, "Pi over six: root three over two comma one half," moving her right pointer finger from her left thumb to her left pointer finger, "Pi over four: root two over two comma root two over two," moving over to her left middle finger, "Pi over three: the opposite of pi over six, one half comma root three over two."

"Okay okay yeah, but do you have a trick for remembering it?" The younger one said.

"No, just remember it?" The blonde questioned.

"Not helpful." The brunette said, letting out an exasperated sigh.

The bell over the door rang, letting the pair know the door was opened. This however was odd because their mother always used the back door.

"Bar doesn't open 'till five!" They both called out.

The person ignored them, walking around the bar and making his presence known.

"Amelia-"

"Yeah, I know. I've gotten bigger too."

"Mav!" The blonde said, making her way out from behind the bar and embracing the man in a tight hug.

"Hey Estelle-" He started before she cut him off, bombarding him with questions.

"Why didn't you call? We haven't heard from you in a while, where have you been? Wait- what are you doing here?"

"I'm back-"

"No shit Sherlock" the blonde replied, cutting him off... again.

"Is your mother here?" Maverick questioned.

As if she heard him speaking, the girls' mother, Penny Benjamin, walked through the doors stopping in her tracks when she saw him.

"Pete-" She said, breathlessly, "What are you doing here?"

"I was wondering the same thing." Estelle cut in, her voice laced with annoyance, rolling her eyes, and placing her right hand on her hip to make sure her annoyance was known.

"Girls will you...?" Their mother said, implying for them to "get lost" without taking her eyes off of Maverick once.

"Yeah. C'mon Amelia." Estelle said, helping her sister collect her school work and moving to the deck out back.

AN:

Okay okay first chapter- very short and boring, I know. But it's kind of setting the scene/some background/relationship dynamics/personalities.

Quick lil precalc lesson for y'all too 😃

Also, I didn't wan to make this chapter too long cause if I continued it, it would be SOOOO long.

The next chapter (which will be posted literally within the next day cause I don't want to keep you guys waiting) is also going to be kind of short, but again it's cause it's building 😫, Rooster is not going to be an "explicitly mentioned character" so-to-say until chapter 3 😏...

okay that's all from me... right now

KJ 🫶🫶