00.3

The next afternoon, Estelle pulled up to the bar to finish cleaning up the mess left behind from the night before. She was bent down behind the bar when the bells above the door rang.

"Hey Mav! Mom's not here right now," she called out, assuming it was the same visitor as yesterday, "but how can I help... you?" she questioned as she stood up.

Standing before her was a man, but he was in fact not... Maverick. Instead, it was a man about six foot tall with a mustache and sunglasses, which were still on despite him being inside.

"Bar doesn't open 'till five." She said, bending down to finish her restock.

Instead of hearing retreating footsteps, she heard none, just the sound of the man clearing his throat. Sighing, she stood back up, facing the man yet again and getting a closer look at who he actually was. He was in his uniform, unlike the night before, and had moved his sunglasses into his hands.

"Well, if it isn't the 'Piano Man'. Did you come here to unplug our juke box again?" She said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, causing him to let out a light chuckle.

"Nah. I think I left my wallet here last night though." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, so it was yours? You're in luck then capt'n, only one was left behind last night. Follow me." She said, coming out from behind the bar and leading the man back towards the bar's lost and found bin, her curls bouncing with every step.

The girl found the bin labeled "18th" and took the singular wallet out. Turning around, she was startled by the man with the mustache. He was much closer than she anticipated and this caused her to take a few steps backwards.

"Thanks. Rooster by the way." He said while reaching out to grab his wallet, assuming that the woman he was talking to was a part of the Navy as well.

"Estelle." The girl replied.

"Never heard that one before."

"Could say the same about you; but, my mom wanted me to be unique. I guess."

"Bradley then."

By this time the pair was back in the room where they had started, and Bradley was at the door, "See ya around Lieutenant," she called out as he left, a hint of a smirk present on both of their faces.

AN:

Okay okay very short, I know... but again building. Fun fact this is the shortest one yet but I didn't want to give y'all too much cause I'm mean 😋

Also, beach scene next chapter??? 🤔

AHHH thank you ALL for 200+ reads already- you're all amazing!!!

Please don't be a silent reader!!! Let me know what you think so far :)

BUUUUUT they've finally officially met. I'm kind of making up Rooster's personality cause I've only seen the movie once and I'm trying to remember it... okay?!

Also trying to build not only the story line but also the tension... you know... 😏😏

Anyways, that's all from me... for now.

KJ 🫶🫶