1.6

Because Estelle was so shocked that everything they said that probably wouldn't happen, happened, she didn't notice when the door to her room flung open. She didn't notice the noise the footsteps of the person entering her room made. She didn't notice the person standing in front of her until they moved her head so she was looking up at them. She also didn't hear that Bradley turned his etracker back on or that Jake had taken off to help him.

"Estelle." Nat said, forcing her friend up off the floor.

"I- they're both- are they- oh my gosh." She said, collapsing into her friend's arms.

Holding Estelle in her arms, Nat brushed through Estelle's hair with her fingers muttering, "I know. It's okay."

"I can't think. This shouldn't have happened."

"I know." Nat said, still holding her friend.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, please put your tray tables in the full upright positions as we begin our final descent."

"Tower, this is Ghostrider, we have no landing gear and will need to use the net."

Estelle gasped and pulled away from her friend, "They're-"

Nat shook her head, a small smile present on her face.

"Oh my gosh- I have a job to do." Estelle said, suddenly remembering the reason she was on the carrier in the first place.

"I know, that's partly why I came in here. But also because I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Okay okay yeah. Are you okay?" Estelle asked, springing into action, "Did you hit your head?" She questioned, quirking her head to the side.

"No, I'm fine. Everything went smoothly- for the most part at least." Nat said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay good," Estelle said exhaling, "Come here though," she pointed to the bed behind her.

"Why? I said I was fine."

"I know, but protocol. I have to make sure you don't have a concussion."

"I didn't hit my head."

"You don't know that. You were in an extremely stressful situation and were focused on getting out alive. You could've cut your hand and didn't know it."

"I'm pretty sure I would've felt it." Nat said, shaking her head at her friend.

"You might've, but you also might not have. Adrenaline does crazy things to us."

"Fine." Nat said, letting out a huff and sitting on the bed.

Estelle did a standard check up procedure, checking for cuts and a concussion. Nat ended up being fine, like she said, but it was a safety precaution. As soon as Nat jumped off the bed, the door slammed open; revealing a disheveled looking Maverick.

Estelle saw him and immediately ran over to him, wrapping him in a giant hug, "Hey kiddo."

"Don't. Do. That. Again." She said, looking up at him and putting her finger in his face for added effect.

"I don't plan on it," He said, flashing one of his signature smiles.

Estelle finally let Maverick go and took a few steps back, turning around to tell Nat that she was all good but she had left. A few moments earlier, Nat had snuck out of the room while the two were hugging.

"I've got to go get my check up done," Maverick said, backing out of Estelle's room, "Probably have to get a few things stitched up too. I'll see you in a few, kid."