A damsel in distress?

We are the ones who were lost in the void.

We are the ones who were taken and never returned.

She was the one who was abandoned and buried away from the eyes of the world.

- A.H.

TW/CW: cursing(foul language), threats of bodily harm and/or death, sickness, etc

.

.

.

.

.

Athanasia de Alger Obelia watches as her father succumbs to the magic that had buried her into a week-long coma, and when she tearfully watches him wake- he forgets her entire existence.

Her heart is in shambles, plopping onto the floor as Lily and Felix support her on both sides as her father tries to outright kill her.

Blood coughed onto the carpet and Athanasia stumbles back, Felix moving from Claude's side to hers as he desperately tries to soothe her as well as hold Claude back from lunging at her once more.

Her years of effort, their years of memories and emotions- all gone overnight.

How could this be? How could it be true? Had it all been for naught?

She's in Felix's arms as they move to her room in the Emerald Palace and she stares mindlessly at her fingers lying limp in her lap as she hears her father question the maids that scurry away after them.

"When did I have a kid!? Whose bastard child is she?! I have no daughter to my name- get her out!"

It was fine. Athanasia strokes her throat and scrunched herself smaller into herself, her shoulders slumped and her fingers fidgeting with her dress. 

Everything would be...okay.

That night, Lily and Felix both stay by her side, and when Lily goes to get some more candles so they could continue their talk, she plays with Felix's fingers, thinking they were alike to Claude's.

Felix's light cough startles her away and she drops his hand like she had been attacked, looking up at his face, heart still thumping a little too hard. 

"May I tell you something, your highness?"

She holds the sheets up to her chin and wriggles her toes under them as she nods. "When I was younger, just starting out as an apprentice knight-"

Apparently, he had a... daughter that had been ill from a young age.

So sick in fact, that she mostly lies in bed and rarely ventures out, but when she does go out, it's with the help of Lilian York and the other maids, Felix keeping watch a little distance away because he can't leave Claude's side for the time being.