the Truth is False.

Athanasia had decided to meet with Jennette a few weeks after the tea party. It was a big mistake on her part, but how could she bear to say no? 

She should have. 

Jennette was sitting by the lake, tea already set up, the first red flag. It went unnoticed.

---

For nothing waits for you.

Nothing waits for anyone.

Especially a human.

Good intentions never seek

You will find it undeserving of your attention.

---
Athanasia's cup was still quite full, but Jennette wasn't worried. Her smile hidden by the curve of the tea cup in her hand, she chatted with the princess, until she coughed up blood. 

Athanasia seemed confused, blood dripping down the front of her dress, and staining it, and she choked on the amount of blood that was rising up in her mouth, and she fell onto her hands, before collapsing onto her back.

She watched, delirious, as Jennette wailed for guards, whilst simultaneously pressing down on Athanasia's throat with a soft hand. Choking her. 

She gasped for air that wouldn't come, tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Goodbye sister!" Jennette sang, "I'll take care of daddy dearest when you're gone!" 

Athanasia's eyes slipped shut, her magic's last sparks emanating from her fingertips, dying them blue as the dirt under her fingernails is revealed, as her clenched hands released- the strings of tension gone from her now motionless body. 

The remnants of her struggle- obvious, blood on her lips, eyes closed-her face still the same shade as she had been when she was alive.

---

Take heed of this advice

Foul deeds will only bring thou misery

Death is never permanent

Memory keeps them alive

---

Jennette smiled, triumphant-having gotten rid of the one obstacle in her path on her way to seizing the crown princess seat. 

She was the elder princess of the two, she had every right to that throne, and Mr. Alpheus had said so too. 

Now all she had to do was- her thought left unfinished as something echoed over the grounds, birds of all kinds escaping from their trees and fleeing. 

Terror, like nothing she had ever felt before, gripped Jennette, consuming her alive- as she looked upon the sight of Obelia's emperor, her father- stalking towards her. 

No. 

Not her. Towards "Her" on the ground. 

Jennette's tears frozen on her face, the temperature of the gardens having reached freezing in a matter of seconds, and she sees icicles hanging from the table.

An unkindness of ravens will not bother mourning. They know who slumbers in wait. 

She shuddered, before turning on the helpless act again-her ring on the ground revealing her eyes, reaching out a hand-the hand that had only moments before snuffed out her sister's life. 

"Y-your majesty, the princess, she-she!!" she gulped, "She is dead !!!" 

The emperor turned towards her, seeing her eyes, and there was only a second's pause before he roughly shoved her away from Athanasia's body.