Who's to say?

A Lovely Princess AU idea, Athykiel.  CW/TW: Mentions of poisoning, death, yandere-tendencies and execution. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Who's to say Lp Ijekiel didn't make a fake Lp Athy and watched it get executed when in fact the real Athy was being lavished with all the love and jewels he could give her in a hidden mansion that was connected to his chambers in the palace??

When racing to his chambers with a smile, almost stumbling over his feet in his utter haste, one would think he was returning to the embrace of Jennette who had left him to do her work, but in fact, she was having a tea party with the other ladies of nobility being none the wiser?

Who's to say the tea he oh-so lovingly brewed for Lp Jennette was actually steeped with belladonna? So faint of a trace, but as it piled up over the months, mixing with her black magic, her life would come to an end tragically early?

And... someone else, someone with eyes that were like gems- was waiting for him with her beautiful smiling face?

Who's to say that beautiful child with the jewel eyes wasn't of Lp Jennette and Ijekiel's union, but in fact was of a hidden successor to the imperial throne?

Who's to say that in the dark when the child complains of their hair color not matching their mother's, Lp Ijekiel smiles with Athy and lets it slowly grow a brighter shade, until it becomes the same shade as sunshine?

And...who's to say that much complained about, new lover of the emperor consort's is actually the long-dead second princess? 

Who, in all technicality, would be able to rise to the seat of Empress Regnant, once all saw her gem eyes and bowed before her will as the last remaining adult of the Imperial bloodline?

Those who rejected the new lover because she wasn't of royalty, or so they thought- would all shut their mouths at the sight of gem eyes and blonde hair. 

At the way the imperial child's hair grew the same dark blonde shade as the last emperor, and with the same gem eyes that were as bright as both, held both their parents' hands in theirs and smiled down at the people that had dared to laugh at their mother.

And all the nobility will look at each other in fear, for if the emperor consort had planned all this for years, what else could he do? 

What more had he done over the years to make sure power was returned to the heir he truly loved and cherished beyond all else? 

What more could they do, but bow before her shining glory and praise her imperial majesty- Athanasia de Alger Obelia.

For she had returned.