Athanasia's Choice.

CW/TW: possessive, obsessive, yandere qualities(toxic relationship, manipulation tactics, gaslighting, etc) , blood, injury, language, abuse of power/authority. 

Pairing: Yandere! Athanasia/ GN reader

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ever since she saw you at the ball, she had found out every piece of information about you she could get her hands on.

And when the time was right, she approached.

With her pretty face and sparkling eyes, she coaxed you into having a dance with her, to hold hands with her, to take a walk with her.

There was nothing wrong for many, many weeks.

Then, an engagement comes through for you after someone saw how close you were getting to the crown princess of Obelia.

When someone is treasured by someone so powerful, others... start to get greedy.

Even if they hadn't been interested in you from the very beginning.

Was it such a surprise that you wanted to entertain the chance of getting married to a good prospect besides the princess?

You were sitting opposite the person who had sent them the letter when the window breaks, glass everywhere and when the chaos had cleared, your prospective marriage partner was dead.

Her highness in front of you and guards surrounded her as they dragged the body away from your disbelieving eyes.

"Since you dared to lust after anyone else with those eyes of yours, I'll pluck those rotten things out of your skull."

Athanasia de Alger Obelia does not share.

You are a beautiful bird, locked away in a golden cage of the princess' making, and you chirp songs all day long for her pleasure.

That was before you tried to fly, stealing the keys to your beautiful cage.

"Since you tried to run away, I'll have to cut off those feet that betrayed me."

You are a flightless bird. Nothing is bright in your life, but you still hang onto the princess' every word. 

She is addicting. She was the sweetest drug you could consume.

Still, you try again.

You fail.

"Does it hurt? It hurt me more when you tried to ask for help from that marquis and even shook his hand. He doesn't have any need for those filthy limbs anymore."

Athanasia didn't like it when things didn't go her way. She didn't like the idea of something going wrong like she didn't have control over its happening.

She was allowed to act out as long as she was benevolent to everyone else and it's just...no one should get in the way of her happy life with you.

You can feel her stroke your silky hair, the smell of her faint perfume grazing your nose, the way you unconsciously turned your head to follow her movements because like it or not, you are in tune with her behavior.

"Just sit there, my darling. I'll give you everything you could possibly wish for, and I will only ever look at you- forever.