Parted love.

Let Ijekiel be the one who turned back time on the day of LP! Athy's execution because he was heartbroken over the love that he had and lost all too soon.

I want him to be the one running into a forest without caring about the branches that tear at his face, and the way he clutches the gold Alpheus family heirloom to his chest.

Bursting through the sea of trees, he's in a moonlit meadow of flowers that ends up being dyed in red with his sacrifice.

Wmmap! Ijekiel doesn't remember being the one to give his life for hers. But when he sees Athanasia and Lucas together, his heart hurts as if it had been torn out of him. 

He thinks, maybe it's because the magician seems annoying.

He doesn't even think about the possibility that it was because he had given his everything for her to live again and that his heart strained as it craved for her to look at him- to be with him but he turned away.

He always felt a little bit uncomfortable. Like something was missing from his body as he watched princess Athanasia get married under oddly familiar flowers. 

Petals shower down upon the crowd and they catch upon his fingertips, an unknown headache at his temples as he crushes the beautiful petals in his fist.

His mouth was too dry, his voice unable to leave his throat as he tries to rasp out a weak congratulations, but all was for naught in the face of piercing agony. 

Tears dripped down his cheeks, salt upon his lips, and he can't remove his gaze from the happy couple. 

Why did it all feel so unfair? Red dyes the petals still clutched in his fist, the color seeping into the velvet-like smoothness.

Static in his head, glimpses of something that had never been- had never experienced, witnessed...but had dreamed. 

Ah. 

Ah. 

Ijekiel Alpheus lost his soul, something he had not thought he could lose- had not thought he had lost. But had. 

It was all for a love who had been reborn, once upon a time. 

this is for the RAGING PAIN that Athykiel shippers have to go through, and also the insufferable annoyance I have as an Athykiel shipper since it's not the canon ending smh