Chapter 8: 4 days (diary version)

Sunday (day 1):

urban spent the night at his and Jack's place so I didn't see him until the brainstorming at 9:30 on Sunday.

(to give you guys some backstory I went to NYU for film and then moved to Atlanta and specialized in music videos. I started a music media company called "all dat" or a.d.

 NYU had a lot of rich kids with no ideas about what their money should go to so I convinced them to invest in my company. For a company run by 14 23-year-olds were pretty sucsseful. I think it's because a lot of rappers see us as less threatening but I could just be making that up. 

I got a lot of my clients by doing things with druski and I'm based in Atlanta but were not afraid to travel. I'm the founder and the CEO but I promise it's not as much as it seems. It's just me, some friends, a big warehouse, and expensive filming equipment.)

Though everyone knew my credits you don't see me in action until you work with me.

Jack's budget was $250,000 which is average for the videos I do. 

"I want the video to be me going to the Kentucky state fair, meeting old teachers, reminiscing," jack says

I shot out ideas, my team gave ideas, jack's team gave ideas, and jack gave ideas. it was a productive day.

Monday (day 2):

Urban was away all day taking candid photos of the fair but jack and I were able to talk while I  drove from teacher to teacher.

"so whats with you and urban" Jack asks

" just jumping right into it huh ok well we've hooked up a couple of times, went on a date or two but other than that just conversation" I respond

"you're honest. I like that. you could've dodged the question or maybe lied and said you're dating"

"I'm not a liar"

"I know that's what I like about you"

I took my eyes off the road to stare into his beautiful blue eyes. I could see what all the girls saw. But still urban was #1 on my mind. Though jack did have a smooth way of talking.

Honestly, it went pretty well. I did find out from ace that there is an afterparty Wednesday night so there's that.

 I just can't stop singing "my pet peeve is a camera in my face" 

Tuesday (day 3):

Haven't seen urban since yesterday morning but I was up all night editing the first half of the music video its 7 am and we are doing a social media run. it's easier because it's an album track but still always a fun part. Later today we're gonna review the video, reveal the spending, and put any other final touches. 

6pm:

"ok so we decided on Sunday that the video theme would be jack moving faster than everyone else and my team and I tried to display that as much as possible in the video. Any changes?" i say

"CHAM, THIS MUSIC VIDEO IS...

PERFECT!" jack exclaimed

"it's exactly what I imagined and it's like we share a brain."

jack and I share a warm hug

"so what's the total?" jacks manager asks

" with all the releases, equitment, labor, and promotion it was $247,000 under budget! The fair said it was free because it was a great promo, and in fact on the day of filming more people showed up to see jack. They paid us." I respond

everyone was cheering and talking over one another. Usually, a music video of this scale would've been over budget but not shutting down the fair and using real people in the background instead of paid backgrounders was just cheap.

Wednesday (day 4):

WE'RE ALMOST DONE!!! yayyyy I honestly haven't even so much as kissed urban in 4 days. NO facetime, barely any texts it's sad. Usually, my work does not keep me this busy but now we're sharing work and were somehow never around each other. I'll see him tonight though.

I asked everyone to pregame at my house (just urban, druski, and jack) so I will be able to see urban a little bit before the party. I invited some of my work friends as well so we were about to go crazy.

Anyways, the music video is out at 1:00 today because idk and then I'm free!! I was paid 100k for short notice so I'm feeling great!

talk tonight

-cham

(sorry for the lack of photos forgive me)