𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭

❛ THE BIG REVEAL ❜

THE BIG REVEAL

❁ ❁ ❁

"Iris Romero," they announced her name clearly. Holy shit, she kept thinking. Each step towards the principal, it was so nervewrecking. And honestly, it happened all too fast. By the time she knew it, she was walking down the ramp back to my seat.

Iris walked on the turf with semi-confidence, like a model and all eyes are were on her. A set of eyes caught her off guard, of course he caught me off guard. When they looked at each other, everything slowed down it was almost like that moment in the movies, but this was nothing like the movies, because she'd bumped into the person in front of her. Not long later she herself and looked back at Conrad, a slight smile on his face only lessened the embarrassment and caused her to smile too.

The rest of the ceremony had gone by smoothly, and by the time they told them to move their tassels to the left, it had finally hit her that this chapter of her life was finally complete. She saw the people around her throw their caps in the air, and when the ceremony had concluded, Iris ran to Perri and gave her the biggest hug. "We did it Per! We just-"

"We just graduated high school Iris!" Iris nodded in the hug, "I can't believe it. I really can't."

❁ ❁ ❁

The party had just began, family members from Maine, to California coming over to celebrate Iris' recent success. "Thank you friends and family for coming to my lovely daughter's graduation party and college reveal!" her mom greeted, screaming into the microphone that the nearest gas station could probably hear. Aunts and grandmas hugging Iris with constant affection, congratulating her for getting through high school.

"Congratulations Iris!" Jeremiah screamed pulling her into a big hug. "Thanks Jere," she muffled into his chest, "Where's your mom?" Jeremiah pulled away, pointing over to the chocolate fountain. Iris couldn't help but laugh. "Okay well food's in the kitchen, dessert is well, you know where, and the reveal will be in a bit when the rest arrives." Jeremiah smiled, hugging once more before going to Susannah.

And that's when he arrived.

Jeremiah told her he wasn't coming, she wasn't expecting him to walk through the front door. They didn't say a word, they just stared, it was something she realized they did often. They never talk, they just look at each other, and it's like that saying when they go 'when there are no words, let your eyes do the talking' and it's almost as if they don't need to talk, they just look at each other and they know what's being said.

"I, uh, didn't think you'd be coming," Iris spoke first, crossing her arms to stop myself from fidgeting. "This was sort of last minute," he said, "My mom really insisted I go." Of course he wouldn't go because he wanted to go, he needed Susannah to tell him to. "Right, sounds like Susannah."

No one said anything after, it was awkward between them and she didn't know how to make it not awkward. "So," she started, "How're you and-"

"Iris come here! Let's do the big reveal!" Indiana yelled from the backyard, "Guess we'll find out where I'm going." Conrad didn't smile, didn't even nod, he just walked beside her to where everyone else was. Conrad walked over to his mom and Jere, while Iris went over to her parents and Indi, "Thanks again everyone for coming. I'd like to start off by saying this decision was really hard, and I'm really thankful for the opportunity my parents have given me to even be able to get the education I need in order to get to this college."

She looked at Susannah and smiled wide, "And to Susannah who helped me step out of my comfort zone and apply to this college." While her parents passed out the cupcakes, she noticed how Conrad didn't look too happy, he had this concerned look on his face. She knew she shouldn't be focusing on him, but seeing him the past week more than she did in the past two years, it's starting to bring back the memories of the past and how much she missed being around him. "Are you ready to continue hon?" her mom asked, pulling Iris out of her stare.

"As a first generation upcoming college student, I would like to announce that I will be going to Stanford in the fall for Pyschology!"

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

i've been watching romance
movies the past two days and
the sad cliche scenes pop up
and i still can't help but cry
even though i know something
bad is gonna happen 😭😭😭

stay hydrated !

© spidemeister