𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

❛ DINNER FOR NINE ❜

DINNER FOR NINE

❁ ❁ ❁

The three knocks caught Conrad off guard. "I'm coming in," Iris whisper-yelled, opening the door to see Conrad playing his guitar silently.

"You uh, you said you had something to tell me earlier?" she said awkwardly beside the door frame.

The brunette remembered what he had told her earlier in the morning, "Oh, yeah. Yeah, uhm-" he stammered. "Come in," he coughed, putting down his guitar.

"I didn't know you still played," Iris said, trying to spark conversation, sitting down on the bed beside Conrad. He looked at his guitar, "There's a lot you don't know."

"Is that," she made eye contact with him, "Supposed to mean something?" Conrad looked at her, "Uhm," his voice strained, "Sort of? I don't know, yeah? Yeah it does mean something."

Iris watched as he played with the bed sheet, twisting the fabric and untwisting it, waiting for him to say something.

"It's just that-"

Ringing

He looked at his phone, noticing the alarm going off, "Shit- I, I have to go," he got up quickly, looking for his keys, "Cleveland and uhm, his show thing for his book," he excused himself, leaving Iris in the room alone.

"Right, okay," she mumbled to herself, getting up, looking around Conrad's room, noticing the small trophies and the framed photos, one framed photo in particular catching her eye.

She grabbed the frame, feeling the edges. It was a custom made frame she made for Conrad on his tenth birthday, the photo inside was of the two at Disneyland sharing a big turkey leg when they were seven. The turkey leg had been as big as Iris' head and in the photo Conrad was comparing the two, laughing at the comparison.

She laughed to herself, and placed the frame back down. As she was leaving his room, she noticed a paper on the floor, picking up and flipping it to see a music sheet, a guitar sheet that had the chords to play Iris.

Immediately, Iris thought back to the vinyl she had bought for Conrad's fifteenth birthday, the vinyl was still with her, she had planned on giving it to him, but never did, because of well; Conrad and her not talking.

She admitted to herself that she should of not have reacted the way she did, especially since Conrad had every right to hang out with Aubrey, but she was rather upset that he didn't even bother to ask if they were on good terms, he just continued on with his days, and she did the same, but even now Iris just wanted to know why didn't he.

❁ ❁ ❁

Everyone was laughing at the dinner table, except for Conrad. Iris noticed that he had been eating his dinner in silence, occasionally looking up and forcing a smile when someone said something funny.

Her mind had still been on whatever Conrad wanted to talk about earlier that morning, but she knew that it wasn't the right time, the time was for Belly and her birthday.

"You know," Belly started, looking around her, "I'm thinking, maybe we should go to Nicole's party," she suggested, looking around the group, her eyes falling on the two adults for a response.

"Yes," Taylor gleamed. Laurel and Susannah both smiled at each other, their form of 'yes you can go' to Belly, and the two younger teens raced upstairs to get ready.

Jeremiah, Steven, and Cameron had gone to clean up the dishes, while the two mothers went out to the docks for a little alone time, leaving Conrad and Iris in the dining room alone.

"Are you actually gonna go to the party?" Conrad asked, standing up to fix the dining table. "Probably," Iris shrugged, "I have nothing else to do anyways."

Conrad nodded silently, "About earlier," he said suddenly, "I do still need to talk to you." Iris nodded back, "Noted." Conrad sighed, he felt as if Iris was slipping away, though to Iris she just wanted to talk to him already.

"Let's go," Belly yelled, running down the stairs. "Taylor and I are going with Cam. You four good riding together?" The older four nodded, "We'll see you guys there then," Jeremiah looked at the three.

❁ ❁ ❁

If it weren't for Jeremiah there breaking the tension, the ride to Nicole's place would have been dreadful. Iris got out of the car first, walking in to hear the loud music playing. "Oh my gosh, you made it!" Nicole yelled, "Drinks are over there," she pointed to the coolers, "And beer pong is outside."

Iris nodded and walked toward the coolers, wanting to grab a beer.

"Book girl!" Rowan called loud, holding his solo cup out in the air, "I didn't know you were the party type," he smiled putting down his drink. "Didn't think you were either," she shrugged, popping the beer cap off. Rowan smiled and the two sparked a conversation with one another.

Conrad drank a beer one of the country club guys had given him, downing it like water, watching as Iris smiled at whatever Rowan was talking about.

Iris looked at him for a moment, the eye contact so intense it was almost as if they were talking with their eyes. Though Iris was having a physical conversation with Rowan, it was blatantly obvious she was focused on Conrad.

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

hellooo party people
i have a reason for my
absence. it is because
i am having my own
wattpad moment 🙌🏽

i SWEAR boy from work
and i are now friends
and i kid you guys not
he is the funniest and
sweetest guy. haven't given
him my number but
i actually might.

romanticizing my summer
+ living the best life

ch 18-20 chefs kiss

remember to stay hydrated !

© spidemeister