𝐒𝐈𝐗. 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨

❛ A QUINCE FOR RICH FANCY KIDS ❜

A QUINCE FOR RICH FANCY KIDS

❁ ❁ ❁

Dinner had consisted of laughs and talking. Iris felt excluded, but Belly had reassured her that it was just catching up and she had nothing to feel excluded about.

"I actually have a surprise for you two ladies," Susannah gleamed in amusement, everyone in the table hushing, waiting for Susannah to come back. "So this is why you had to the country club," Laurel rolled her eyes, taking a large gulp of champagne.

Iris and Belly looked at each other, both girls confused. Iris had looked at Jeremiah but he had shrugged his shoulders, then she looked at Conrad but he too had no clue. "Here you ladies go," Susannah came back. "Had to do a little talking to Paige, but I managed to get both of you guys invited to be a debutant."

"What's a debutant?" Iris asked, looking at the personalized card in front of her. "It's when a girl comes of age, and is presented to society." Iris had already gone through one of these, but on her fifteenth birthday, "So a quince?" Susannah laughed, "Sort of, but this is different, girl's come over from New England to be a part of it."

"A quince for rich fancy kids?" Iris asked, putting the invitation down. Everyone at the table laughed at her assumption. "It used to be about finding a husband, but now it's all about networking. They teach you leadership skills-"

"The whole deb scene is such bullshit. It's for sheep," Conrad blurted, flicking at his leftover food. "It is not," Susannah argued. "I'll think about it," Belly said firmly. Susannah smiled, "And you Iris?"

Iris bit her lip and looked down at the invitation once more, it's not you Iris, a voice said in her head, she looked at Conrad for a brief moment, he had already been staring at her, like he was the voice telling her those words. "It's not really me though," she said aloud, Susannah frowned, "Would you think about it? It would mean the world."

Iris sighed, Susannah did invite her to spend the summer with them after all, the least she could do was do this, "Maybe."

❁ ❁ ❁

Iris moved her belongings into Belly's room, the fifteen year old insisting that she shouldn't have to sleep in the same room as Conrad, it was punishment.

"Wanna go out for a night swim?" Belly asked her. Iris shook her head, saying that she was gonna call her best friend before the night ends. As soon as Belly left, Perri answered Iris' call. "I miss you so much, it's so boring here without you," Perri groaned, "My boss just asked me to take up more shifts, I cannot take it anymore."

Iris laughed, "I miss you too Per, but it's only been three days." Perri rolled her through the screen, "So tell me, anything happen between you and Conrad," she sung his name. Iris' cheeks reddened, embarrassment at how loud Perri had said his name, regretting not putting on earbuds.

"Not much, he's still a dick, but Susannah told me that he and Aubrey broke up." Perri had no reaction to the gossip. "Why aren't you surprised or like amused by the information I told you."

Perri shrugged her shoulders, "Tell me about the beach, is it nice? Are there cute guys? You think Mrs. F would mind me crashing for a weekend getaway too?"

Iris frowned when Perri ignored her question, but thought nothing of it. "Not that I know of, I haven't really left the house yet, I've been busy with getting to know Belly, I mean Isabel." Perri nodded, "You better not forget me," a finger pointing towards Iris. "I could never forget-"

"Hey Iris, do you go to the bonfire?" Jeremiah asked, intruding the conversation between Perri and her. "Is that Perri?" Iris nodded, showing the phone to Jeremiah, "Hey Perriwinkle!" Jeremiah joked. "Hello Bacteria." Jeremiah rolled his eyes, "So do you wanna go?" Iris looked down at her phone, "Go Iris, meet someone cute, someone that isn't-"

"Okay I'll go," she said, shutting Perri off. "Someone that isn't Con?" Jeremiah asked. "You know he and Autum broke up right? I didn't know that until Mom told me." Iris laughed, he still didn't know her name. "It's Aubrey, Jere. Not Autum." The golden hair boy smiled, "Same shit. We'll go whenever you're ready."

"We?"

"Yeah. You, me, Steven, and Con." Iris frowned, "What about Belly?" Jeremiah laughed, "She's got movie night with the moms, plus she's too young to go out." Iris rolled her eyes, "She's fifteen Jere, not seven."

"Okay, whatever, just get ready soon."

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

another filler 😄 the plot will
thicken soon! vv excited

remember to stay hydrated!

© spidemeister