𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

❛ TELL HER ❜

TELL HER

❁ ❁ ❁

"So, Stanford?" Laurel asked Iris as the teenage girl sat beside her at the kitchen island. "Yeah, full ride," Iris replied, leaning over to grab a pancake that Laurel had made earlier. "How do you feel about moving to the other side of the country?" Laurel asked.

Iris shrugged, "Well I've gone to California for the summer and during Christmas probably every year, plus I have cousins over there, so I don't feel completely alone."

"Interesting," Laurel took a sip of her coffee, "What major?"

"Pyschology, but I want to minor in Creative Writing," Iris said, taking a bite of her pancake. "Creative Writing? Ever wanted to write a book?" Laurel asked. Iris nodded, "Well not necessarily a book, but probably a collection of short stories? I don't have that much of a creative span compared to you."

Laurel laughed at the compliment, "I currently have writer's block, trust me, my creative span is probably much less than you believe." Iris laughed along, hearing a buzz from her phone, a message from Belly. "I gotta go, Belly wants to go to the beach for a swim."

"Have fun and be careful," Laurel cautioned, opening up her laptop to start coming up with ideas for her new book.

❁ ❁ ❁

"I still can't believe Susannah got us to be debutants," Belly laughed, walking beside Iris to the beach. "Neither can I, and Susannah knows I hate wearing dresses. I wore a pantsuit to prom," Iris laughed, dropping her towel on the sand. "Sick, a pantsuit? Do you have any pictures?"

Iris nodded, "I'll show you later." Belly grinned and ran towards the ocean, Iris followed suit, laughing as she watched Belly trip and fall into the water.

From a distance, a familiar brunette with blue eyes watched the two from the house. "What are you looking at?" Jeremiah startled him. "Nothing, just," he stared at the ocean, looking for the two, "Just staring at the ocean."

"Uh huh, right," Jeremiah said amused, looking at the direction Conrad had been, "So, are you asking her to the ball?" Conrad scrunched his brows, staring at his brother, "What are you talking about?" Jeremiah shook his head, "Iris."

Conrad looked back at the ocean, "No. Unless she asks me, then no. We're not really,"

"Talking at the moment, yeah yeah I had that conversation with her already. So what if you guys aren't? You went with two years not talking to her, and you were shit man, you can't lie that you weren't."

"What are you getting at Jere?"

"Iris is leaving to California in two months. You've liked her all your life, hell probably Aubrey knew that you liked her when you guys were 'together' or whatever you two were," Jeremiah rambled.

"Aubrey and I were never together, you of all people know that. She was going through stuff and I knew how to help her cope. And I know Iris is leaving, it's been eating me up ever since I saw the letter in the mail."

"You already knew about her acceptance?" Jeremiah looked at Conrad. "Who else talked to Bradsworth about writing Iris a letter of recommendation. She was quite literally freaking out to you about not finding the right teacher to write her letter. It was the least I could do after lying straight at her face."

"She doesn't know about that does she?" Jeremiah looked at the ocean, Conrad sighing, "No, and she can't because she was so relieved to know that Bradsworth was willing to write her one so last minute."

"You have to tell her Con, maybe it'll fix everything that happened between you two," Jeremiah insisted. "I can't. No matter what, I'll continue to fuck things up with Iris. I lied to her face and couldn't even find a way to apologize."

"You keep talking about 'fucking things up' but that's in the past Con. Things are different now, you are both different and I just know that Iris will understand now. You should tell her to whole truth, from Aubrey to Mom."

Conrad stayed silent, unable to say anything, "I'll tell her everything. Just, just not about Mom. She can't know about Mom, not yet. It'll hurt her all over again."

"If you won't tell her about Mom, then I will," Jeremiah claimed, walking away and heading over to the beach, wanting to hang out with the two girls before it got dark, leaving Conrad alone, thinking about all the ways to patch up his friendship with Iris.

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

i am finally back home from
los of the angels 👐🏽

which means i have to work
first thing in the morning tmr

but here is a chapter because
everything is falling into place
& i cannot wait to write the
fourth of july scenes 😁

also kudos to
@idkwhowhatwherewhy
because i mess heavily with
ICON 🫶🏽

stay hydrated folks !

© spidemeister