𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞

❛ BUCKET LISTS ❜

BUCKET LISTS

❁ ❁ ❁

Iris dragged her large suitcase down the pathway to Susannah's car, only to see them already ready to go, the back filled with goods and tons of duffels. "Oh sweetie, I forgot to mention, Jere and I are heading to Cousins first, I asked Connie to wait for you, I need him to stop by Apple's Bakery to pick up some sweets, but I don't trust him to get the right ones."

Apple's was a town favorite. Iris and Conrad would always go to Apple's after school, especially during the winter season especially when it was snowing, because the owner, Apple Townsend, would always have freshly baked apple pies ready to go. "Yeah, sure, you can always trust me to make sure that Conrad does not pick the wrong ones." Susannah smiled and pulled out her wallet, "Use this money to buy the goods, don't let Con spend his."

Taking the money out of her hand, Iris looked behind to see a lazed Conrad, his hair was messy, his clothes were very wrinkling, and his eyes had dark circles, "If he's grumpy," Susannah whispered, "It's probably because he's still recovering from his breakup with that Aubrey girl. Don't know what happened, but Connie looked so affected when I saw him in the kitchen two nights ago."

Iris couldn't help but wonder what happened between Aubrey and Conrad, but she knew that by the looks of it, he would be in this breakup slump for a while, and Iris only wanted to help him, she wanted to see the lively Conrad she used to know before they stopped being friends. "I'll see you two at Cousins," Susannah said before getting into the car, which had left Conrad and Iris alone.

"I'm just gonna load the uh, cooler in the back and I can put your suitcase in after," he said to her, "Just chill in the car or something." Iris nodded, unable to say something to make the conversation less bearable, so she just hopped into the passenger side of the jeep and settled. She messed around with the controls, playing with the radio, trying to get the aux cord connected to her phone. "What're you doing?" Conrad asked, getting into the driver's seat. "Just, trying to play so music," she mumbled.

"There's no need for you to get out the cord, it's bluetooth," Conrad said to her, "Give me your phone." Iris gave Conrad her phone and he had set up the bluetooth to her device. You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift started playing, "Still a hopeless romantic?" Iris took her phone, "And what about it?" Conrad shook his head, starting up the jeep and driving to Apple's.

By the time they reached the local bakery, the Taylor Swift song had ended and the two, exited the car to walk into the store. "If it isn't my favorite couple," Apple awed, the elderly woman lively as ever. "Apple, we're just friends," Iris reminded her. "Yeah," Conrad said distantly, "We're only friends."

"Oh don't be silly," Apple said but the two teenagers shook their heads, just laughing, "So what can I do for you guys then." Conrad looked at Iris, knowing the reason why she rode with him was for this moment, nothing else. "Could I get four mini apple pies, three apple strudels, three strawberry tarts, and one Apple's delight?" Iris asked, pulling out the cash from her back pocket.

"Anything for my favorite customers, it's on the house, I haven't seen you two together in two years." If awkwardness was visible, there would be a wall separating Conrad and Iris, the two standing as if they were stuck in place, unable to move. "Thanks Apple," Conrad said as they watched her pack up the treats.

"I hope to see you guys here together more often," she smiled, handing the bagged goods to Conrad. "Of course Apple."

❁ ❁ ❁

The high school grads arrived to Cousins, Iris singing along to Best Day of My Life by American Authors while Conrad just listened to her. "This is gonna be the best day of my life," Iris belted. "My li- i- i- i- ife," Conrad hummed, being discreet that he had been singing along. Iris looked out the window to see the beach, "I can't wait to get in the water and surf."

"Do you even know how to?"

Iris looked at him, "No but that's the whole point in trying new things. Plus, imagine I meet a cute guy and he teaches me how to surf. I have to add that on my summer bucket list." She took her phone out of the charger and opened her notes, adding 'learn how to surf' onto the bucket list she had created. "A bucket list Iris? What are you? Ten?" he laughed, though his attempt had been to joke, Iris took it personally and turned her phone off to look back out the window. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that," he apologized, turning into the driveway.

"Don't sweat," she forced a smile, "Bucket lists are dumb anyways," she shrugged while Conrad parked the jeep, letting her out of the confined vicinity near him, she needed to explore, or at least stay away from Conrad for a while. While walking into the house, she pulled out her phone and deleted the first thing on the list, 'become friends with Conrad again.'

❁ ❁ ❁

SPIDEMEISTER SPEAKS

i've switched to third because
i can never write in first, it's so
bad when i do

this book is based off the plot in
a sense that the deb ball scene
exists, the parties exist, just not
in the way it was shown in the series

+ i don't want to copy/basically just
add a character into the already made
show, i wanna make a plot from another
perspective

probably one that doesn't make conrad
so mean and rude without context 😭

so there will be flashback scenes !!

stay hydrated <3

© spidemeister