Nazir | More Than Bonds of Brotherhood

Title: More Than Bonds of Brotherhood

Word Count: 1532

Pairing: Nazir x GN! Listener! Reader

Requested?: YES!! This was requested by the lovely TheAnonymousVoid!!! I hope you enjoy this! I absolutely adore getting requests and this really made my day :)

Summary: A job turns to jealousy for poor Y/n, but looks can be deceiving, just as words can.

Dawnstar Sanctuary, DAWNSTAR

Her voice was what woke them from their slumber—beckoning them to come hither to her resting place.

My Listener, come to me.

It wasn't long before they stood before her, a ghostly voice directing them to a poor soul in need of the Dark Brotherhood, in need of the talent of a Listener.

Go to the inn within Whiterun Hold. The Frostfuit Inn of Rorikstead. A mage must meet her end, and enter the Dread Father's arms. Go child and hurry to the Innkeeper.

"I will, oh Mother of mine."

And they turned from her, quickly making their way across the cold stone floors of the Sanctuary. Nazir would need to hear of the newest request of those needing the hand of Sithis.

Their hand rapped on the cool stone of his doorframe, before announcing," Nazir, the Night Mother has spoken."

There was a low chuckle in response, one that brought butterflies to the stomach of the poor, dear Listener.

"Who is the poor soul?"

"A mage in Rorikstead."

"What are you waiting for?"

The Listener was taken aback.

"Me? Surely you want to let one of the recruits handle this?"

They leaned against the doorframe and stared at Nazir, who had just lit his lantern.

"A mage? You think they could handle that? They aren't all prodigies such as yourself."

"Then come with me, Nazir."

"Now why would I do that?"

He sat upright, staring back into Y/n's eyes.

In a moment of bravery, they stared back into his own.

"I think you might be getting rusty, friend."

"Is that so? Maybe I should, dear Listener."

That damn smirk.

Y/n just nodded in response to that comment, as words began to fail them.

"We leave at dawn, gather the necessities. We leave for Rorikstead."

And Y/n went on their way, not giving him a second glance.

___________________

Rorikstead, WHITERUN

"I want that mage dead? Ya hear?" The Innkeep seethed.

"The Dark Brotherhood hears you, your will shall be done."

"That bitch won't leave my inn! She's just squatting in my room! She's killed every mercenary I've sent that way, and I know you'll come through."

"We always do sir. You will hear of us again when our contract is complete."