Teldryn | Loathing You Wasn't Right

So... I played through the Dragonborn DLC and adore it! It was fantastic! And while playing through, I played Teldryn Serious and may or may not have fallen in love with the grumpy mer. So in light of that and the fact that my hockey team just fell out of the playoffs (when I thought they could go all the way), please enjoy! (Don't forget that requests are open!)

Title: Loathing You Wasn't Right

Word Count: 2117

Pairing: Teldryn Sero x Dragonborn! Reader

Requested?: Nope.

Summary: The Dragonborn leaves Teldryn back in Solstheim, and he tries to cope with the idea of her leaving him behind. Unfortunately, Teldryn doesn't know how to deal with this sudden loneliness.

"You're going back to Skyrim... without me?! Why?!"

"It's just..." she stared off, not wanting to meet Teldryn's upset eyes.

"... I didn't want to bring you home, to Skyrim, that is. I just wanted two lives, a Dragonborn for one, and a welcoming adventurous patron for the other. Which means-"

"You don't want me to ruin your perfect picture... what a load of crap. Fine. Go on then, go do your Skyrim things. Just know that I'll be exploring Tamriel on my own, and I won't be here when you get back."

Skip forward two weeks and Teldryn was still wasting away his days in the Retching Netch, hoping that maybe, just maybe she'd come back to him.

"Still moping over Y/n, I see," Geldis teased, placing a drink down in front of Teldryn, who sat at the bar for once, rather than the upper-level seating area.

"I paid for a drink, not a snide remark, Geldis."

"Just go out adventuring as you said. Get your mind off of her."

"And where should I be going? Hmm? The only way off this rock is to Skyrim, and I don't fancy running into her."

"Is it perhaps because you fancy her? You get it because-"

"I don't need this," Teldryn stood up, tossing Geldis some septims, grabbed his sujamma, and turned to leave the corner club.

"You can't run from your feelings, Teldryn!"

"Just watch me!"

He retorted, securing his chitin helmet back on his head before being met with the ashen atmosphere of Raven Rock.

Oh, how he loathed the place.

Sure, he had made it his home for countless years and had made many fond memories with the people, but he loathed it all the same.

Teldryn seemed to loathe many things.

He loathed the way she laughed and said his name.

He loathed the fact that she would hug him after a battle.

He loathed the way she stared in awe of their campfires.

And most importantly, he loathed the way his chest hurt when he thought of her.

"Damn her."

It was like he couldn't look around at the village in front of him, because all he saw were the memories bubbling up. He only stared ahead, trying to blot out any of his thoughts, and it came as no surprise to himself that he found himself pushing through the doors of her home.