Brynjolf | A Quiet Life

Title: A Quiet Life

Word Count: 958

Pairing: Brynjolf x Reader

Requested?: Nope. Just very inspired. (Also it's mostly just flirting haha)

Summary: Have you ever wondered why Brynjolf isn't a romance option? Maybe he already has a special someone...

"It's always 'Lass this' and 'Lass that', but he takes absolutely no interest in this stupid amulet!"

The Dragonborn grasped at her Amulet of Mara, frustrated at her lack of suitors within the Ragged Flagon. Delvin and Vex sat on either side of her, the three of them playing a card game.

"Aw, I'm sure it's not personal. I've never seen 'im smitten," Delvin replied

"Then what's with this lass business?"

"You know that's just how he addresses people."

"Yeah, he's just always been this way," Vex chimed in, pulling in lots of ladies, but doesn't take any of them home. It's odd."

"Speaking of Brynjolf, where is he?"

"Out on a job. Met with our connections out in the other cities. Should be back in a few days." Delvin answered, folding his cards. "I'm out."

The Dragonborn sighed as well, folding her own, which left a grinning Vex who pooled together her winnings...

___________________

"Lass, I'm home!"

He heard a muffled greeting coming from their bedroom.

"I'll come to you, lass...."

He locked the door behind him and set his pack by the door. Then, he turned to meet his very sleepy wife in their bedroom.

"It's so good to see you," she mused, rolling onto her back, hands stretched out high.

He indulged in the action, leaning down to have his head cradled by his beloved wife.

"Your hair's gotten so long," Y/n said, smile widening.
"So has yours, love."

"Come to bed, Bryn, please," she thumbed his cheekbone.
"There's no need to tell me that, nothing can stop me from coming home to you. My beautiful lass."

Brynjolf placed his hand over hers, and with a smile pulled away, placing a kiss on her forehead. Unstrapping his leather armor, and grabbing a pair of cloth pants from the wardrobe was all he needed to be reunited with his wife in bed.

"Can't believe I got a show as well."

"Anything for my lass," he winked, crawling into the free side of the bed.

"You should come home more often..." she sighed, curling into his chest.

"Would if I could, I want you to be safe. You're the most important thing in my life."

"Speaking of safety, how's the," she yawned," guild."

"We can speak on that in the morning, lass. You're far too tired. I'll be here when you wake."

"M'kay," she muttered, sighing softly against her husband's chest.

"Goodnight love," he placed a kiss on her forehead and doused the lantern, the pair quietly settling in for the night. The fireplace cracked and hissed, as their night came to a close.

___________________

Brynjolf woke to the smell of stew and freshly baked bread, and the cold side of his bed where his wife should be.

"Lass?"

He groaned, sitting upward and stretching.

"Right here, Bryn!"

She peaked around the corner, mixing bowl in hand and apron adorned. His little housewife, his homemaker, and by the Eight, he loved her.

"You are gorgeous my love."

"Always a smooth talker," she walked over to him and kissed him.

He loved the way her lips felt on his, just so soft and he could feel her intention every time.

"How could I not ravish my wife? The most deserving woman in Mundus."

She just laughed, face flushed. She then grabbed his arm, pulling him into the dining space.

"And a beautiful meal from a beautiful woman. Don't deserve you, lass."

"You love me more than well enough. We just don't get enough time together. That doesn't discount our love."

They just smiled at each other and ate their breakfast in comfortable silence.

___________________

"How's the guild? You said you'd tell me today," Y/n asked, polishing the bowl in her hands.

"Of course my love," Brynjolf responded, washing the dishes from their meal, then handing them off to Y/n who dried them with a rag.

"Well," he continued," we've been in a boom as of late. As you know, I joined the Nightingales along with our newest member and an older one."

"Love the anonymity," She laughed softly.

"That new one is certainly something interesting. I'll let you in on her a bit."

"Silence breaks," she teased, taking the next dish from him.

"She's the Dragonborn and seems set on wooing me. Little does she know, I'm won over."

"Very much so."

"Not jealous?"

"Not even in the slightest if you're mentioning it to me."

"Good. She's en route to become the next Guildmaster."
"Why not you Bryn?"

"I'd never come home to my dear wife, by the way, this is the last dish," he passed her the final dish.

"Of course, could you start putting away these dishes?"

"Yes, my love," he placed a hand on her arm, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I can see why it's not your place. Still right-hand man I'm sure."

"Who else could fill that role?"

"From what I hear? Not a single one," she laughed.

"I keep that place from shambles far more than our dear Dragonborn. She keeps our coffers full, but if I were to leave this guild... Oh, lass, I'm not sure there would be a guild."

"I'm glad to know you're still that strong man I've always known."

"Glad you're not mad at my criminal ways."

"You're just lucky you're charming."

"Love your wit."

She stuck out her tongue at him, and he was not having it.

"Oh? Do you think you can get away with this?"

"Maybe?" she grinned, running to another room in the house. This was the kind of love that could not be imagined by anyone, and here it could be found in this home. With this type of love, what distance could ever truly keep them apart?

A/N: I promise more works are on their way including a new Teldryn and part two of my Vilkas fic. I'll leave some previews soon for those and any other ones (if I get really positive responses on any, I'll prioritize it). Also, sorry that it isn't super long, it's more of like a blurb. Hope you enjoyed :)