Teldryn | Little Talks

Title: Little Talks

Word Count: 2418

Pairing: Teldryn Sero x Retired! Human! Dragonborn! Reader

Requested?: A little? I asked which I should work on and months and months later, I've delivered.

Summary: When she realizes that she'll age without him, anxiety begins to consume her, and regardless of how many times Teldryn reassures her that it will be okay, but that doesn't stop it from bothering her at different stages in life.

Warnings: Miscarriage, Pregnancy

"Teldryn?"

"Yes, my love?"

The couple had been spending their day casually shopping around in Raven Rock. Though, upon seeing Crescius and his Dunmeri wife, Aphia, walking up to the mine, hand in hand, doubt began to fill her mind.

"What will you do when I'm old? When we can no longer go on adventures together and I become frail?"

The question was quite jarring to Teldryn, as he had never thought to question their aging. Sure, he'd thought it was strange how young she was in comparison to himself, but never that she'd grow old without him.

"I'll love you."

"But... we'll be like Crescius and Aphia... you'll stay handsome and I'll be..."

"Just as gorgeous as you are right now."

"Teldryn, be realistic-"

"I am being realistic. I love you, and I'm not going to stop if age takes you! I took a vow to love you forever so by Azura I will!"

Several shoppers looked over at the couple in their spat, and that did nothing but hinder the conversation.

"You're making a scene," she hissed.

"Oh, I'm-!"

Teldryn let out a sigh, trying to continue calmly, knowing well that Y/n couldn't handle yelling or lots of unwanted attention.

"...let's talk about this at home. Okay?"

He glanced at her face, watching it seemingly become a blank stare.

"Fine."

Teldryn entwined his fingers with hers, walking his wife back to Severin Manor, silently praying that she would see reason. That it didn't matter if she was young or old, youthful or aged, he would love her all the same.

"You know I love you right?"

He whispered after closing the front door.

"Of course."

"So why is it so hard to believe that I'd love you, even when you don't look like you are now. I'd love you even if you were a Kahjiit and we wouldn't be able to have the most attractive babies ever."

He caught the shadow of a smile at his confidence.

"Yeah?"

"Absolutely. And don't think I'm going to stop loving you."

"I didn't... I'm just scared."

Teldryn pulled her in and rested his head atop hers.

"I'm scared that... I'm scared that we won't be the same. That I'll be a liability, not your partner."

"And then I'll be your knight in shining armor! I do so enjoy coming to your rescue."

"You promise?" Y/n muttered into his chest.