𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

___________________

{ Freedom}

Chapter Eight: Betrayal Season Two: Episode Five Written By: Indigo ___________________

Season Two: Episode Five
Written By: Indigo
___________________

Mercy woke up the same way she has the past few days. The loud noises from the rooster. Mercy isn't used to living on a farm, and she doubts she will get used to it soon.

She hoists herself out of bed and puts on her shoes. that's all she needs to do in the morning considering that she sleeps in the same clothes she wears during the day. after her shoes are on, she goes into the bathroom and changes her bandage, there's not as much blood as there has been lately, which is always a good sign.

Mercedes walks down the stairs, her shoes clicking against the wooden steps. She sees maggie and Edith talking in the kitchen, though the chooses to leave them be for the moment.

Mercy peeks inside Carl's room, he's sleeping peacefully. She smiles at him, making a note to come check on him again later when he's awake.

The walk from the Greene house to the small camp made up is not far, it's less than a minute's walk. When mercy gets there, she sees only a few people awake, Dale, Lori, Andrea, and T-Dog. Mercedes gives her good mornings,

"Well hello their princess, how is it sleeping in the castle?" T-Dog jokes. Mercy sticks her tongue out at him, handing him a clean bandage. He dramatically thanks her, and with the help of Andrea, can get it on.

Carol is on the other side of the camp, bringing up a few baskets of laundry, and putting them on the wooden bench. Mercy glances around the camp. Lori's not awake yet? Mercy walks over to the older woman,

"Hey carol, need any help?" Mercy asks, playing with a loose string on her Shirt. Carol smiles up at her,

"I think I got him, but if you could go grab that last basket of clothes for me that would be wonderful," She says with a cheerful smile. Mercy nods and walks over to Carol's tent, where, as promised, a small basket is placed. Mercy bends down and picks up the basket with both arms extended. Pain shoots through her arm immediately, almost causing her to drop the basket.

She winces and tries again, leaning against her right arm as she does so, but it still doesn't work without mercys arm feeling like it's catching fire.

Mercy sets the basket down on the ground and this time uses her good arm, and her waist to hold the basket up. It works, but mercy has to be quick since she doesn't trust the ability of her waist over the ability of her arm.