Beginnings

"Come on Robin! Tell me!!" Wally pestered me.
"Sorry Wall-Man can't tell you, Batman's rules."
"Come on !!!!! I've known you forever!! Please take off your mask? Pretty please?" He begged. We had had this conversation many times over the years and the outcome always remained the same.
"No Wally."
"Is he bugging you about your secret identity again Robin?" Artemis asked as she walked in the room. She smacked Wally playfully upside the head and then put her arms around his shoulders. I inwardly cringed. They had been dating for over two years now, I don't know why it bothered me the way it did. It could have something to do with the fact that I didn't like Artemis much, she was great at the cave, but when we were at school she was my nemesis. I don't know how it started, I tried to be her friend but she completely rejected me, from the moment I met her she had vehemently disliked me. It was weird because she liked Robin just fine, it still baffles me. I mean she's two years older than me, a senior, why she has such a problem with a sophomore is beyond me. she snapped me out of my reverie when she said.
"Come on Wally leave the poor boy alone!"
"Aww come on, let me pester my best bro!" He whined.
"Wally." She said sternly. "Come on, you should go home, you have a big day tomorrow."
"What's tomorrow?" I asked.
"I'm moving to Gothem, me and Arty got a place together."
"Oh awesome, good for you guys."
"Yeah, I'm super excited!"
"Yeah, exciting."