Personal Vendetta

~Author's note
Hey guys, so this is one of the last chapters (sad face) it's a big one, lots of stuff, action, romance, all that jazz, so yeah be excited or don't, it's up to you.
Anyhow enjoy some ginger fabulousness and birdflash cuteness.
I love you all! Happy reading:)

Me and Wally were hanging out alone for the first time since I'd been back. We hadn't brought up the elephant in the room and planned on keeping it that way for awhile. I had just kicked his ass again when all the lights went out.
"Hey what just happened?" He asked.
I was about to answer when someone came up behind me and whacked me really hard with something in the back of the head, then everything went black.
...
I woke up tied to a chair...again.
The Joker was pacing back and forth in front of me, when I looked up he smiled and said,
"Oh look the little birdies awake!"
"Joker." I spat.
He laughed,"Nightwing is it? Sticking with the bird theme are we?"
I growled, "what are you getting at joker?"
He cackled, "you know when Thawne told me I almost didn't believe it, but sure enough," he paused walked over and grabbed my face, "ha! Lookie here we've got a little birdie! Who would have thought, Batman's brat was a girl?"
"What do you want?" I ground out.
"Revenge of course! For all the times you put me in jail," he put a finger up , "for Harley, " another one, "for being a pain in my ass," a third finger. He put them down an got serious, or as serious as the Joker ever gets, "you get the point, anyhow, now that your awake I'm gonna carve you up nice and good little bird." He then pulled out a wicked sharp knife and brought it towards my face. By that time I had already managed to get my hands free so I punched him in the face. He reeled back and went to strike again but I flipped myself over the chair I had been strapped to and then hit him with it. He stumbled but then threw some exploding playing cards at me. I dodged most of them but one hit me in the chest. I faltered for a moment, my body registering the pain, I was slow, to slow, the joker came at me with what looked like a piece of pipe. He hit me in the head and my vision clouded, then he hit me again in the chest and I doubled over.
"Not so tough are you now Wonder Bread?" He laughed at his own joke.
"Why aren't you laughing, did you get it? Come on bird brain, see what I did there, hahahaha." He cackled again before he hit me a third time with the pipe. I fell to the ground.
"Oh you're no fun! How about we make this more interesting!" He waved his hand and some goons brought out a groggy Wally.
"Now a little birdie told me," he paused to laugh at his play on words, "that you have a special fondness for a certain speedster."
"Leave him out of this Joker, this is between you and me!" I yelled at him.
He over dramatically sighed, "oh but what fun would that be? And that's what I'm all about little Birdie! Fun that is." He laughed again, "and oh how I have fun with you little bird." He clapped his hands together before he continued.
"How about we see just how fast little flash boy is." He smiled before he grabbed me and hauled me to the balcony of the building.
"Now, I am going to drop you over the edge and let's see if little speedy here can catch you in time! Are we ready? One, two, Oh no one likes a countdown." Then he hurled me over the railing.
"Wally!"
...
Wally's POV
The goons let me go just after the joker tossed Rikki over the railing. I ran faster than I ever had before trying to catch her, I couldn't loose her again especially not now. I ran down the side of the building at my top speed trying to reach the ground before her, but I was too slow I watched as if in slow motion her body collapsed on the ground, her head smacking the concrete. She already had taken a serious beating, I didn't think her body could take much more. She was fading fast and I had to save her, I was about to run her to the nearest hospital when she reached her hand up to touch my face,
"Wally."
"I'm here Rikki, I've got you." I could hear the tears in my voice but I didn't care.
"Wally, if I die, I just want to tell you one more time of my own free will, I love you Wally, I always have."
And in that moment I felt it, the feeling I had been pushing down for the better part of the last seven years, I loved her, I loved her so much I didn't know what to do with it, so I did what I had been wanting to do since the day I thought I lost her, I leaned down and kissed her with everything I had.
"I love you too."