Chapter 1

Me and my friends are all going to the local carnival tonight in downtown Dallas. There are tons of people there.

"Hey come on let's go to the ferris wheel." one of my friends, Jan, said dragging you over to it.

"No I'm not going to go on this. I'm terrified of height." I said backing way, when I bumped into someone.

I turn around, and the person I bumped into was Tyler Seguin.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry. I should have watched where I was walking." he apologized.

"It's okay I was the one that bumped into you." I laughed.

"But then again it would take two people so technically it was both our faults." he joked.

"That's very true. My name is Lilly, it's nice to meet you." I said sticking my hand out for him to shake it.

"Please the pleasure is all mine. I'm Tyler by the way." he said, and instead of shaking my hand he took it gently in his large hands and kissed it.

"I know who you are." I said.

"Oh do you now?" he smirked.

"Yeah you are one of the best players on the Dallas Stars, and you are also my favorite player." I smiled.

"Why thank you. Would you like to go on this?" he asked pointing to the ferris wheel.

"No not really." I said trying not to offend him.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I'm terribly afraid of height." I said shyly.

"You won't have anything to worry about when I'm up there with you." he said giving you puppy dog eyes.

"Okay fine."

Me and Tyler get on the ferris wheel and I'm shaking.

"Shhh calm down, you're fine." he said wrapping an arm around me.

We go around, and around making small talk with Tyler. We get the top when the ride worker yells up to us, "Sorry guys, but the ride has shut down, it might be awhile until we get you down."

I start to panic because I'm are stuck at the top with a stranger.

"Ummm Tyler what are we going to do?" I asked.

"We have to just wait it out."

It was staring to get colder because the sun was setting so you move right up to Tyler and hug him.

"You cold?" he asked.

"Very."

"I'll keep you warm. So what are you doing here in Dallas?" he asked.

"I'm actually start my job with the stars tomorrow." I said.

"Really? What job?" he asked.

"Strength and coditioning coach since you're most recent one was fired today." I said.

"What Mike got fired?" he asked.

"Yep sorry." I laughed.

"Well that's good for you, and for me." he said.

"And why's that?" I asked.

"Because I'll be seeing you everyday." he winked and tried to move in for a kiss.

"Whoa Tyler sorry if I've been leading you on, but I have a boyfriend." I said.

"Oh okay. Who is he?" He asked, and he looked so hurt.

"I'm dating Carl Hagelin." I nervously said.

"You're dating that prick, why?" He asked.

"I was an intern for the Rangers last season and I got to know him really well. He's not a prick." I said in defense.

"Yeah right, he's a cheap player." he said not looking at me anymore.

I went back to the other side of the seat away from Tyler.

"Hey man when are we going to get off of this damn thing!" Tyler yelled down to the workers.

"Soon."

"Can't wait." he said under his breath.

His attitude was starting to scare me.

"Me too." I said so he could hear me.

Wow this went south real fast. After a few more minutes the Ferris wheel jerked forward and we got to the bottom.

"We'll see you tomorrow." I said to Tyler, but he just walked away.

"Hey Lilly what was that all about?" Jan asked.

"It was nothing. Just some jerk trying hook up with me." I said. "I think I'm going to go back to my apartment now."

"Come on Lilly you don't ever get out enough. Please stay?" Tae asked.

"Sorry I seriously don't feel too good right now." I said and walked back to my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My apartment is a two bedroom one bath. It fits my personality perfectly because everything about the apartment is modern. It took me a good two weeks of apartment searching to find this gem.

I arrived at my door and it was unlocked. Inside was all dark and I didn't hear anything. I grabbed my hockey stick that was in the living room and survey the area. I moved into the bedrooms. There was no one in the guest room. I opened the door to my bedroom, and there was a figure sitting on my bed.

"Ahhhh, get the fuck out of here." I screamed and started whacking the person with my hockey stick.

"Ouch, Lilly stop." I heard him say.

"Holy shit Carl I'm so sorry." I said trying not to laugh.

He turned on the lights and said, "It's fine babe." he laughed and kissed me.

"Ugh I've missed you so much." I snuggled into his chest.

"I've missed you too. Why did you have to take this job? He asked.

"Because silly, no other team was looking for a strength and conditioning coach." I said and moved over to the bed.

"I could have gotten you one with the Ranger." he said.

"No because if you forgot they just hired a new strength and conditioning coach last year." I explained.

"Let's just cuddle. I've missed my Lilly Bear so much." he said and wrapped me in his arms.

"It's good to have you here." I said and fell asleep in his embrace.

******AN******

Hey everyone so this is my new NHL story! I hope that you've liked this chapter. What do you think? Leave you're thoughts in the comments below pls!

Thanks,

Brooke XOXO