Chapter 2

My eyes fluttered open and Carl wasn't in bed next to me. I knew it was too good to be true. I must have been dreaming last night. I thought this until I smelled something burning. Carl was in the kitchen when I walked in wearing my cupcake apron trying to cook pancakes. He turned around and I snapped a pic.

"That one is going on Twitter and Instagram." I laughed.

"Oh god no" he said trying to get the phone out of my hands.

"Too late." I said and hit post.

"@LillyB: hahaha looks like I have a new cook @carlhagelin"

Carl's face turned bright red.

"Well I tried my best with breakfast. The best thing I got was something's from Starsbucks. I knew that it would be unsuccessful so I went first thing this morning to get your favorites from Starbucks." he said and handed me a chocolate croissant and a venti caramel macchiato.

"You are the best." I kissed him on the cheek.

"What time do you have to be at the rink?" He asked.

"At 9:00."

"Well you better get going, it's 8:30." He pointed out.

"Shit!" I said putting my coffee and croissant down on the table and ran into my room.

I picked out black nike leggings, mint color tank top, threw a sweatshirt over it, and slipped on my mint nike sneakers. I grabbed my purse, gym bag, skates, and hockey stick before leaving.

"Bye babe, see you in like three hours!" I shouted while going out the door.

The training facility wasn't too far from my apartment, maybe like 15 minutes. Rushing inside I ran right into someone.

"Watch where you're going." the person said, and I realized that it was Tyler.

"You could watch too." I spat back.

"Why does this always happen?" He asked.

"I don't know, but could you show me to the offices?" I asked.

"Sure."

I followed him through a bunch of hallways before making it to the coaches office.

"See you later." he said.

I walked in and coach was sitting there with a whole bunch of other people.

"Hello you must be Lilly, it's a pleasure to meet you." Coach Lindy Ruff said and introduced me to everyone in the room.

"Nice to meet you too."

There was the team doctor, trainers, physical therapist, GM, owner, and other coaches there.

"So today you will be starting as the new strength and conditioning coach. You will first be on the ice with the boys. I'm sure you know what drill to make them do. Then you will be in the gym working with the guys. Again you know what to do." he explained.

"Sounds good." I said.

"And there is a little surprise for you." he said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Follow me, and you'll see." he got up and led me down the hall.

On the wall next to the door there was a sign that read, "Room 111: Lilly Brighton, Strength and Conditioning"

"No way is this my office?" My eyes grew big.

"Yep, go ahead open the door." he said.

I opened the door and inside was a medium sized empty room. "Oh well this is different."

"Oh don't worry it's empty because you get to pick out the things that go inside your office." he reassured me.

"Phew I thought this was all that I was getting." I laughed.

"We wouldn't do that to you. So this is also the place where you can get changed for practice. There are women's showers in the gym." he said.

"That's good to know so I don't have to go home sweaty all the time." I said.

"Yep, okay so meet me on the ice in ten." he said and gave him a thumbs up.

I quickly changed into a heavier jacket and grabbed my skates, gloves, stick, water, and most importantly my whistle. When I got down to the ice some of the guys were already on. I wait a couple more minutes waiting for the coaches to get on first.

"Hello boys, most of you may not know that but we have a new strength and conditioning coach this season." He said and the guys looked concerned.

"Hi I'm Lilly. I have previously worked with the Rangers and before that the Canadiens as an intern. I really am looking forward to helping you guys improve a lot this season. I think that there are a lot of strength in this team and something that needs work. That's what I'm here for so if you have any question just ask me or stop by my office room 111." I said.

"Hey weren't you on team USA women's olympic team?" Valerie Nichushkin asked.

"Yes I was, and fingers crossed I will be playing next winter olympics." I said. "Well let's get down to business."

******AN******

Hey guys I hoped that you liked this chapter, I know it was sort of boring. Keep reading!
Thank You,
Brooke XOXO