Chapter 7

Opening my eyes slowly I remembered everything about last night, and couldn't help but to smile. I looked at my hand, and there was my beautiful ring. Carl was still asleep his head buried into his pillow, and his blonde flowing hair just on the base of his neck. I tip toed over the the phone, and ordered room service then gathered our clothes from the floor. While they were preparing our breakfast I took a quick shower, and got ready for the day.

A soft knock at the door came a little bit after I finished my makeup. I checked the peep hole and it was room service.

"Thank you so much. You can just put it on the table." I said clearing off the table of the champagne and tray from the strawberries last night.

"Congrats." the worker said.

"Thank you. Here you go." I said handing him a tip.

"Have a good day." he whispered and left.

I turned around, and Carl was starting to wake up so I walked over to his side of the bed and laid on top of him. As he laughed a rumble for his chest vibrated through me. He suddenly flipped over which caused me to be smushed under him.

"Good morning beautiful." he smiled and kissed me.

"Good morning love. I got us breakfast." I said and pushed him off of me.

I picked up the tray of food and walked out to the balcony followed by Carl.

"It's beautiful out this morning." he said.

"That it is." I said sipping my coffee.

"I'm so glad that you said yes." he told me.

"And why's that?" I asked.

"I haven't loved another woman as much as I love you. And if you said no then I would have to come up with a bigger and better proposal." he laughed.

"Very true, but you're proposal was perfect." I said.

"Thank you."

"So what's on the schedule for this morning since we both have the morning off now." I asked.

"Well I was thinking of going for brunch in the restaurant so don't eat that much now." he said.

"Good thing all I ordered was coffee and fruit." I laughed.

~*~*~

After getting dressed into clothes that Carl packed, we headed down to the restaurant for breakfast. The hostess sat us down at a fairly large table big enough for about 10 other people.

"Hey why do we need this big of a table?" I asked.

"It's a surprise, but first please take off your ring until the people come." he told me.

"What is going on? You have been acting really strange lately." I pointed out.

"Just wait for it." he said, and he kept checking the entrance of the restaurant.

"Who are we waiting for?" I asked getting impatient.

He didn't respond so we sat in silence before the door to the restaurant opened.

"What!" I gasped as I saw my family and Carl's family walk in the door.

They came over to our tables all had big welcoming smiles.

"It is so good to see you again Mr. and Mrs. Hagelin." I said hugging them.

"You look as gorgeous as always." Mrs. Hagelin said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Come here sweetie." my mother said opening her arms for a hug.

"I've missed you so much mommy." I said.

"What about me?" I heard my father say.

"I've missed you more, but don't tell mom." I laughed.

"And me?" my brother, Stefan, said.

"It's good to see you too big bro." I hugged him.

Carl's brother and sister were also there, but my twin sister was missing.

"Mom where is Ellie?" I asked.

"She had a meeting in New York with the new law firm she works with." she explained.

"Oh."

Through out brunch our parents were drilling us with questions about how we were going to work with him being in New York and me in Dallas. It was quiet annoying, but then Carl made them drop the subject.

"Everyone we have an announcement to make." Carl said standing up and wrapping an arm around me waist.

"Oh my god she's pregnant." Stefan said.

"Oh would you shut up, I am not pregnant." I snapped at him, and everyone laughed.

I turned away from them, and put on my engagement ring. The only person at this table that knew about the proposal was Mrs. Hagelin of course because it's her ring.

"We're engaged." we said at the same time, and I held up my hand.

"Oh honey that is amazing! Congratulations." my mom said standing up to hug me and Carl.

"Welcome to the family son." my dad told Carl.

"Thank you sir." he said.

His family also congratulated us, and his mother pulled me outside to the patio.

"I just wanted to thank you for loving my son. You make him so happy. Did you know that he calls me everyday to tell me about you." she said.

"Oh you're making me cry." I laughed.

"Good that they are happy tears though." she said.

"I am so grateful to have your engagement ring be mine. I will make sure nothing happens to it." I said.

"You are very welcome. You are like another daughter to me even though I don't see you that often. Every time that we are together makes me so happy, and when I see you and Carl together it makes me even more happy." she smiled.

"I'm glad." I said.

"We should probably get back to the rest of our family." she said.

'Our family' stuck in my head because now we really are one big family.