Chapter 13

It's been a couple of days and a couple of games since I last talked to Carl. I'm not quiet sure on where we stand right now, but it's safe to say the engagement is not off. On a better note, the Stars have won all of their games. Thankfully we have the day off today. I was planning to stay inside, and not do anything. It's a girls night in for me. Being around men all day makes you wish for more personal space, and more cologne. Let me tell you that hockey players are the worst smelling people. But why should I be saying that when I am a hockey player myself.

I was in the middle of watching an episode of Scandal when my phone started ringing. Carl was calling.

"Hey babe what's up?" I asked.

"Have you been watching TV?" He asked.

"No why?" I stared to worry.

"I wanted to be the one to tell you first, but I've been traded to Pittsburgh." He explained.

"I'm so sorry Carl. I know how much playing in New York meant to you. Those guy are like your brothers." I said.

"Lilly I really don't want to go." He sighed.

"Have you tried to talk to management?" I asked.

"Yes and there isn't anything they can do!" He snapped.

"Okay sorry I asked." I said.

"Well I've gotta go pack up everything here. Talk to you when I get to Pittsburgh." He said and hung up.

There were a millions thoughts running through my mind. Most of them about the wedding. Like will be still have it in New York or Pittsburgh, or even Dallas?

"UGHHHH!" I cried out in frustration.

To blow off some steam I picked up my equipment and stick and headed to the rink. But before I went I had to talk to Tyler.

"So I guess you heard about Hagelin?" He said when he picked up.

"Yeah it really sucks because he loved playing there. I wanted to blow off some steam so I was wondering if you could come with me to the rink?" I asked.

"Yeah sure no problem I'll just meet you there." He said.

"See ya there!"

I got downstairs to the parking garage and instead of seeing my ugly Jeep rental car my own 2015 Mustang convertible was sitting in its place.

"Yes! I've missed you car!!!" I said checking it out.

It was kind of a struggle to get my stuff in it but I figured it out. I hopped in and put the roof down because it was so nice out. Blasting some Drake I took off down the highway to the training facility. When I pulled into the parking lot I spotted Tyler's car and parked next to him.

"Damn Lilly nice car." Tyler said as he got out of his car.

"It's finally here and I'm so happy!" I said.

"Need some help?" He asked seeing my bag stuffed in the trunk of the car.

"Nah I've got it." I said.

I tried for a good minute and it wouldn't budge.

"Hey Tyler do you think you could help me?" I asked.

"Yes." He laughed.

"Ready 1-2-3." I said and we both pulled the bag out which caused us to be sent backwards to the ground.

"Okay I'm never putting it in the trunk ever again." I laughed.

"Yeah don't do that." He said.

We got inside and I just went to the same locker room as Tyler because we both didn't care if we changed in front of each other.

"I haven't played in so long which is really bad because training camp is coming up next month." I said.

"That would be awesome if you make it again." He said.

"I feel like this upcoming Winter Olympics we could really beat Canada, no offense." I said.

"No I agree." He smiled and put on his helmet.

"Ready?" I asked.

He nodded his head and we went to the ice.