Chapter 9

++++Lilly's POV++++

That night I didn't leave my office. I slept on the futon that was in there. My pajamas were just some sweats I usually wear to practice. When I was trying to fall asleep all I could think about was Carl. That made me cry myself to sleep.

The next morning there was a knock on the door.

"Lilly open the door, please?" someone asked.

"Who is it?" I hoarse voice asked.

"Tyler." he said.

"Go away!" I responded.

"I'm sorry about what I said to you, and what I did to Carl last night. I was way out of line. The truth is I'm jealous of your relationship with him. At the carnival that night I thought we could have something, but then you said you were dating Carl. I'm sorry if my actions have made you hate me." he apologized.

I got off the couch and stood in front of the door.

"I'm such a fucking asshole." I heard him say to himself.

I opened the door for him.

"Tyler it's okay." I said.

"No it's not I was out of line. I was out of line for liking you, I mean you're engaged now to Hagelin." he said.

"Tyler, I was the one being stupid for leading you on that night at the carnival. I should have told you the second that we got on the Ferris wheel that I have a boyfriend."

"Truce?" he asked sticking out his hand.

"Truce." I said shaking his hand.

"Now please don't tell me you actually slept here?" Tyler asked.

"I did." I said.

"I stayed outside your door for an hour, and left. I wanted to make sure you were alright, but I didn't think that you'd sleep here." he explained.

"I'm a pathetic fiancée that cried my eyes out to fall asleep." I said in a low voice.

"Hey look at me." Tyler said putting a hand under my chin. "You are far from pathetic."

"Umm thanks."

"I mean it. Now come on because we have practice." he said.

"Do you see how I look?" I asked looking at myself through my phone.

"Go fix yourself up, and I'll stall coach." he said.

"Thank you Tyler." I smiled.