V.I.P. 💛

Ethan's PoV

I've been working on a new book recently. Everything's almost done. Just some polishing, then I tried to make the first copy. It isn't final, so it's like a mock copy. It's fresh from the publishing house so I  was excited to open it when got a ring from one of my agents, so I left the newly published book on my bed.

"Babe, I'm going out for a while. I'll see you later. Love you." I dust myself up and give her a peck on the lips. "Okay, take care. Love you too."

Elizabeth's PoV

I watch him by the window, making sure he already left. As soon as I saw his car leave, I hurry to his room and got his book. I'm the girlfriend of one of the greatest authors there is, so why not take advantage, right?

I remove its plastic packaging and felt the leather cover as I ran my fingers on it. The cover is purple with gold linings on its sides. I was getting excited so I opened the book eagerly. Even the papers had that glossy touch. Ethan outdone himself this time. Now, what is this book about? It says "Dark and Day" at the cover page. But who knows? Only one way to find out.

Ethan's PoV

I got home earlier than expected. I sigh as I open my front door upon my bot security recognizing me. Downstairs seems quiet, so I'm guessing Lizzie's upstairs asleep, or either reading a book. Again.

I'm really glad that we had that one strong commonality. Being total bookworms. The only thing is that I'm the author, and she's the audience, most of the time.

I reach my room, only to find out she's laying on my bed. "Hey, babe." I greeted her.

"Hey, you're back." she replied, not taking her eyes off the book she's reading. Upon seeing the book, my eyes widened. "Babe, where did you get that?"

"You left it on your bed, so I was like, why don't I check it out?"

"Baaaabeeee, that book isn't even released yet." I held my face.

"But I'm your girlfriend, I deserve to have the V.I.P. card." she giggled.

"Well, I guess," I rub my head.

"Yay! Thanks babe, this is my copy now. I'll go get some snacks."

"But-" I didn't even get to finish my sentence and she already left the room.

"You're lucky I love you!" I yelled in annoyance.

"Aw, I love you too! Thanks again, babe!" she replied through the corridor.

Ugh, this girl. I smile to myself.