I don't think I'm sick. 💛

Ethan's PoV

Lizzie and I decided to go to the mall today. Just a public mall though, but we still had our disguises on such as shades and hats. It's so hard being in a relationship with a famous person sometimes. Oops.

"Alright, what do you wanna do next?" I asked with a smile while carrying her shopping bags. We had just come out of her favorite designer store. "You're ridiculously happy today, babe. What's gotten into you?"

"Is being excited to spend time with my fianceé wrong?" I said in a pout. I may sound childish, but truly, that is how I felt. I love every second of spending time with her.

She giggled at my response. "You're ridiculously cute, too. How 'bout we go grab a meal first? I'm starving."

"Anything you want, baby. What are you craving right now?"

"Mmmm, pizza and shawarma."

"Oookay, unusual combo but I get ya. Come on." I held her hand while going to the nearest restaurant that sells those stuff that she likes. Our orders arrived and she leaned closer to me.

"Ew."

"What do you mean? You wanted these, right?"

"Yeah but, why do they smell different? Gross."

"Are you okay, baby? They smell perfectly fine." I felt her forehead and her temperature seems normal.

We ended up having take-outs since she didn't even touch her food.

We continue to walk past shops and restaurants, when I notice her eyes are really tired. It's not that we did anything today. It's only been three hours since we arrived at the mall. I squeezed her hand.

"Babe," I stopped walking and did the same. "Are you really sure that you're okay? You can tell me anything, you know. I can't help but feel that you aren't yourself today." I held her hand while looking deep into her eyes. She loves going out with me. I get really concerned when she's in a complete different state. I know my Lizzie.

She thought about it for some time. Then her eyes go wide as if realizing something. "I don't think I'm sick," she looks up at me with worried eyes. "Baby, you're scaring me. What is it?"

"I-I think I'm pregnant," she said with a flustered and shy tone. Her voice was low saying the word "pregnant".

"W-what? R-really?" I ask in disbelief. She avoided my gaze, knowing that I clearly heard what she said. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what I'm feeling but, excited and terrified and overwhelmed at the same time is my conclusion. I mean, it's possible. We actually did it the other night. I couldn't help myself, and I don't think we used protection either. We never thought of having children yet. I imagined us settling down first and finally enjoying each other's company before hopefully having kids of our own. Oh no. This is my fault.

"I-I'm not sure yet, though. Could you buy me a test?" Her nervous voice made me snap out of my thoughts. "Y-yeah, sure baby. Just sit by the bench over there and I'll be at Watsons real quick.

I came back and she returned to the bathroom cubicle. I waited for some minutes then she got out of the girls' bathroom, and saw her face wear a blank expression.

"It's negative," she said looking at the floor. "B-but it's fine, I was actually worried what things are supposed to be. Sorry to scare you."

"It's okay. I was actually seriously worried, too. I thought that it wasn't part of the plan. I didn't mean I didn't want them, but I just wanna be with you for some time." I said.

We continued to walk down the ice cold floor of the mall.

"I get what you mean. That was what I thought, too. I'm not ready yet." I kissed her forehead as we continue to walk in silence, both thinking about what just happened.