With All My Life 💛

A woman was walking on the driveway, approaching her car. She was all alone, or that's what she thought. No one was at sight until a certain gray man emerges from the shadows.

Elizabeth's PoV

"Hello? Yes, I'll be there. See you soon." I hang up on my phone when I felt a man grab my neck. I gasp at the sudden force, realizing what was happening. "Please, I'll give you anything." I whispered.

"All your stuff. Put it all in your car."

"F-fine please just remove your gun on my head." I pleaded. "Do it!" I did as what I was told. I was about to give him the car keys when I heard him scream in pain. He was headbutt from behind. I immediately knew the man behind him.

"Get away from her." he got the gun and pointed it at the robber. "Ethan, no!" I yell. He looks at me and his gaze softens, to which the robber took the opportunity to kick him and got the gun. "Agh!"

Ethan switched to my side and began to shield me. "Scram!" he growled. "The stuff are mine. I want the woman, too."

Ethan's eyes were filled with rage. "You get neither. You'll have to go through me."

"Fine."

My heartbeat stopped when I saw him pull the trigger. A loud bang was heard. Ethan silently felt the pain and dropped on his knees. "Ethan! Please, no no no." I dropped down with him and tried to suppress his wound with my handkerchief.

The gunfire attracted a crowd which is now surrounding us. We heard sirens from afar as I heard murmurs here and there. They're recording us. For goodness sake, we need help! Is camcording more important than our bloody lives? We're still humans!

The robber approached me. "Get back!" I screamed at him as I slapped his face. "You'll regret that!" he growled at me like a hideous beast.

"Touch her or you'll die. You kill me first before you get her." Ethan got up, holding the robber's neck.

"With pleasure." They started throwing punches at each other. "Ethan, stop! You're in no condition to fight!" I tried to stop them but to no avail. I felt so helpless.

Ethan got a lot of bruises on his face already, plus his shot on his stomach. The police and medics soon arrived, thank God. The robber got arrested and Ethan was left laying on the ground. "Ethan!" I ran to him. "Please, say something. Stay with me babe."

He tried to lift his weak hand. "I'll be fine. Are...you hurt?" he tried to speak despite half of his face majorly bruised.

"I'm not. You are. Focus on my voice, okay? Stay awake for me." I caress his cheek, to when I see his eyes slowly close.

"I'm tired, baby."

"No, Ethan. Ethan. Ethan stay with me!"

Ethan's PoV

My eyes slowly close. It's good enough for me that Lizzie's safe. I was exhausted, but knowing Lizzie's fine is worth it. I smile as my sight completely blacks out.

I slowly open my eyes regaining my consciousness, noticing that everything around me has changed. I'm laying inside a room, to which I'm guessing is a hospital ward. I saw a tall stand filled with blood packs and fluids connecting to my right hand. And there she is.

I slowly lift my hand to cup her cheek. My Lizzie. "I love you." I whisper, which made her eyes flutter open. She looks at me and tears quickly fell from her eyes. "Ethan, babe." she kissed my forehead and held my hand. "You're okay."

The calm and caring voice quickly turned into a demonic yell. "What were you thinking?!" she started to scold me. Here it is. "You're safe, and that's all that matters."

"Yeah, but what about you?! You could've died! The shot was fatal. You lost a lot of blood! It's like my whole life started to fall apart seeing you in this condition. I can't lose you. Plus, I'm not worth it in exchange of your life for mine."

"Risking my life for you is worth it. I don't regret any of it."

"But I could've lost you."

"You won't, because I promised you. I still haven't married you yet."

Her mouth let out a small chuckle. "You better marry me. But you can't marry me in this state. Maybe we should re-schedule."

"Nah, I'll be fit as a fiddle after some time, just in time to say my 'I do' to you." I force a smile despite my sore face.

"You idiot. Don't scare me like that again."

"I promise. But I can't promise not to put myself before you. No one can harm you in this world as long as I have breath."

She leans in as our heads touch.

"I love you so much."

"I love you up to infinity, my darling."