Rainy Roadtrip 💛

The Olsen-Smith couple decided to have a little getaway from work, considering how hell of a busy pair they are. They also wanted to do it as a celebration for Ethan since he just hit the board, being included in the Top 5 Best-Selling Authors Worldwide. He didn't want any fancy celebration, he believes that just some time alone with Lizzie is enough for him.

They were alone together, driving through the highway of the rural countryside of California, when the sunny sky turned dark. They knew by then that heavy rain is expected.

Both are actually still sleepy and exhausted, besides the fact that they overworked themselves this past week. Both of them are wondering, are we still going to push this through?

"No, maybe Ethan/Lizzie still wants to go. I can't ruin this for him/her." They thought at the exact same time.

Ethan was the first to snap back to reality. He heard tiny droplets dripping on the windshield, so he turned the wipers on. Then his gaze went to the other side of him, where Lizzie is looking out the window, her chin resting on her palm.

Ethan smiled and interlaced his free hand with hers. Lizzie snapped from her throughts and felt her heart jump from the sudden contact. She looked at her hand, which is now connected to her boyfriend's.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked which caused Lizzie to smile and nod. "Yeah. Just a bit tired I guess, and hungry, too." Ethan brought her hand and gently brushing his lips to it.

"What are you craving for, then? We could make a quick stop, or maybe a drive-thru."

"I want something heavy, like a meal."

"A meal it is."

They stopped by an old-fashioned steak house in the middle of nowhere. "This peculiar, I like it." he smiled from Lizzie's comment.

They sat beside a massive window as their orders arrived. "I forgot to tell you I have a connection with the manager." he smirked.

"You're ridiculous."

"Thank you." They giggled as they both started to take a bite from their food.

He looks at Lizzie's every move, of how she eats and her every reaction from the food. She finally notices and twitched her eyebrow. "What?"

"There's a little something on your lip." Ethan wipes her lip with his thumb, then licks it. "Delicious."

"Idiot."

"Aww, did I make you blush, baby?"

"Shut up."

"Oh? What if I don't-"

She quickly leans in.

"There. That'll shut you up.

"Smooth." he smirked.

They continued to eat and tease each other while the rain outside continues to pour. They were lucky they were the only customers then, since the restaurant is literally in the middle of nowhere.