Epilouge

Unknown;

The man stood up, dropping his guitar from his lap onto the grass. He raised his hands to the sky and yelled.

"What did I do to deserve this?"

Truthfully, he wasn't a bad person. He didn't deserve this pain. What he needed was something to make him realize that his happiness isn't in other people's hands. His happiness is not because of a girl he loved, or a moment he experienced.

It's because he is happiness.

That girl just projected what she saw in his eyes and that moment was a reflection of what was deep in his soul.

Happiness.

He dropped to his knees and begged for it to end. He hated the lonely feeling in his heart. There is something so devastating about memories with no emotions. All the times he thought he was content, weren't real. His mind seemed to run a hundred miles an hour. How could this happen?

How can all of those memories be unreal? He asked himself.

What he didn't understand is that they are real, simply because they live in him. All the people he met, all the troubles he went through, all the smiles he saw, they were all real because he was real, and they lived with him.

Because he exists; they do too.

But I couldn't tell him that. I'm only watching him from above. Watching over him, making sure he's okay. Without much I can do, I continued watching him as he sat back down against the tree with tears streaming down his cheeks and soaking into the neckline of his shirt.

He looked up at the sky, at the stars, and hummed. It was a light melody, so beautiful that a star twinkled. She twinkled because she felt his agony. She knew what it felt like to have you soul taken away from you.

She, too, lost the star she loved the most. Not because he was gone, but because she left him. She tried to yell and kick against the chains fate wrapped her in, but to no avail. She has never felt so helpless.

And so did he.

They both knew they were so far away from each other's hold, and it hurt them to remember that. She may have not been living in his world, but she was living in his memories, not exactly alive like he is, but living, nonetheless.

So, as the star twinkled, he hummed even more. His hums turned into words that mixed with the salty tears on his cheeks. The words that left his mouth shattered every star and made the monsters in dark side of the moon howl.

"And in this garden where you held my hand.

I walk alone but you're still here by my side.

All those memories that you bring back,

Leave me in sweet agony.

Oh, it's not easy, no, when you leave me-

under this jasmine tree"

He took his guitar and stood up. For the last time, he looked at that jasmine tree. For the last time, he touched the flowers hanging from its branches. For the last time, he realized she would want him to live, not dwell on what could have been. And for the last time, he looked up at the sky right above the tree and looked at the star.

He looked at me.

And all it took for me to crumble and burn was those brown eyes. He may not be able to the see my once brown eyes, but he could see me twinkling, telling him I heard him singing and I know how he feels.

But he could never hear me. How could he?

I was only a star, and he was the boy I once loved.

'Can you explain why your last 3 stages were worship, madness, and death?'

'It's because the word 'I love you' sounds like a prayer to me, like you're worshipping who you love and devoting your life and soul to them. It soon turns into madness, so much that you can't think of your life before or without them. Finally, the cruelest form of love is the one where solely death separates those two lovers.'

'Have you felt those last 3 stages?'

'No, I wouldn't be alive if did.'

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿