T W E N T Y - F O U R

"ANO? OKAY KA NA?"

I glared at Venice when she took a tissue and wiped the tears off my face with it but it feels like she's already erasing my face because it's so aggressive!

"Akin na nga! Are you trying to remove my face?" Padabog kong kinuha ang tissue sa kanya at pinunasan ang sariling luha. Umayos naman siya ng upo sa kaharap kong couch.

"Ikaw naman kasi! Ano bang nakakaiyak sa mukhang iyon? Hindi ka na dapat sumama kung ganyan lang din naman!" She scolded me again while pointing at the bed kaya napalingon ako at nang makita ko ulit ang peaceful na mukha ay tumulo na naman ang luha ko. "Oh ayan ka na naman!"

"You don't know what I'm feeling!" I ranted while sniffing.

"Alam ko ang nararamdaman mo pero hindi ko naiintindihan!" She took another tissue from the box and handed it to me. Kinuha ko naman iyon at tumingin sa itaas habang pinupunasan ang luha sa ilalim ng mata ko. Nakangiwi lang naman siya habang pinapanood amg ginagawa ko.

"Ano bang nakakaiyak sa mukha niya?" I even heard her murmured.

Even I don't know why these tears just won't stop. I don't understand what I'm feeling. It's a combination of shock, happiness, fear and something else! It's overwhelming!

Venice sighed and stood. Nakasunod lang ako ng tingin sa kanya nang maglakad siya palapit sa kama.

"Ayusin mo na ang sarili mo. Don't face your real body with tears on your face."

I blinked and sighed to calm myself down. Napasandal na lang din ako sa couch because of exhaustion.

Nakakapagod pala talaga umiyak! I feel like the waters in my body are drained now! Uhaw na uhaw tuloy ako!

And I can't believe I cried in front of Venice! For sure aasarin niya ako tungkol dito!

I stood and roamed all around the room trying to find the mini fridge because as far as I remember, there's one here where the visitors store the fruits that they bring whenever they visit. And I'm right because I saw it on the right side of the bathroom.

Pumunta ako dito at binuksan ito. There are plenty of fruits inside, the typicals, like apple, orange, mangoes and what I'm looking for, the bottle of water. Kinuha ko agad ito at ininom.

"Ganito pala talaga kapag mayaman no? May fridge sa kwarto!" I felt Venice's presence beside me. Dumungaw din siya sa loob ng fridge at kumuha ng apple.

When I'm satisfied, I returned the half consumed bottle of water and closed the fridge. Lumapit ako sa gilid ng kama at pinagmasdan ang mukha ng pasyente habang pinipigilan ang sariling maluha muli.

It feels weird seeing my own body in front of me and not in a mirror. Sa salamin ko lang kasi napapagmasdan ang sarili ko.

"Ano? Gandang-ganda ka na naman sa mukhang iyan?" Venice said beside me, staring at the body too while biting on the apple.

"Of course!" I immediately answered. "If you wanna know what beauty is, just look at that face and you'll be enlightened! Because 'that'..." I pointed at the face. "...is the real definition of gorgeousness."

Just look at that face! That perfect brow that looks clean and combed always! People said that my eyebrows looks so perfect that it's almost accused as a fake one but I swear my precious life that I've never had any of the parts of my face fixed by a doctor because... just look at it! This face doesn't need any fixing at all!

And also the thick and curled eyelashes that looks like it used a mascara! That's one of my assets---no. Everything in my face are all my assets.

And that pointed and small nose that I got from my mother! I am always thanking my mom and dad's genes in my mind because it gave me a perfect combination of features!