Two

What was a weird dream you had that was unexplainably stuck in your memory for no apparent reason?

March 24, 2019

"Does anybody else see... little number five or is that just me?" Emery looked up as he stood and dusted himself off. He then looked down at his own clothes and frowned. He didn't feel any different and he looked the same as before when they were witnessing the motorcade.

"Shit." The man turned boy cursed as he too pushed himself up and looked down at his oversized suit.

"Who's this?" Someone else asked. There was a small crowd that had formed. Five people, all looking at them with curious expressions.

Emery cleared his throat but the supposed 'Five' answered for him. "He's a nobody, come on." He said, tramping forward and tugging one of the people forward by the sleeve and into the building. Everybody else followed after the boy with a last hesitant glance over their shoulders.

Emery took a step forward and then another and another until he was in the doorway that everybody had disappeared down. Craning his neck forward he peeked around the bend and took a long sniff of air. Definitely different. He cursed and ran back out until he looked over the edge of the building they were on and cursing again. They had teleported... through time. Of course.

He had only done it once before and it was by irrational accident that led him to the day JFK got assassinated but now... it looked like they had jumped forward in time. Almost like it had been before he himself had traveled through time.

"You." Five was back again, standing in the doorway and beckoning him forward with a curled finger before disappearing again.

Emery swallowed and cast another glance over the ledge before following.

"What's the date?" Five asked as Emery followed him into what looked like a kitchen. "The exact date." He said, grabbing a loaf of bread from a shelf before making his way back to the main table that everyone was gathered around. Emery just leaned against the wide archway spanning the breadth of the room.

"The 24th."

"Of what?"

"March."

"Good."

"So, are we going to talk about what just happened?" Someone asked, a large man with a floor-length coat and wide shoulders. Said man stood up when the boy proceeded to ignore him and go about laying down two pieces of bread. "It's been seventeen years." At this, Emery's eyebrows drew together.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five replied, disappearing in a streak of blue before appearing less than five feet away to reach for another item on the shelf. The boy could not only travel through time but also teleport. Noted.

"I haven't missed that." The man grumbled.

"Where'd you go?" Another asked. He was dressed in all black, much like any comic superhero.

"The future." Five replied, teleporting back to his bread. "It's shit by the way."

"Called it!" Another man said who was sitting cross-legged on the table, shirtless and pantless but not in the ways that would deem him the title 'naked' no-- there were still clothes covering him. He cast a glance around the room and smiled a loopy smile in Emery's direction who offered a small one back, a single eyebrow lifted as he found the situation amusing. The man was obviously so high right now he was most likely making friends with a unicorns next kin.

"I should have listened to the old man. You know, traveling through space is one thing, travelling through time is a toss of the dice." The boy paused with all his 'ingredients' laid out in front of him. And by ingredients, Emery meant peanut butter and marshmallows. "Nice dress."