Eleven

What book/movie/show do you wish you could go back and experience for the first time again?

Emery had been left alone for much of the day. And in that time, he had successfully accomplished nothing. He vowed he would get on a train to the farthest stop possible and then maybe a plane to some remote island to spend his last living days on but all those dreams sat inside his head meanwhile he sat on some random park bench in the same city he was in a few hours ago.

"Fucking incompetent piece of shit." He hit his head with the palm of his head and groaned, letting his head fall back when his headache came back in full force. He cursed himself for not being able to leave, cursed his feet for staying where they were despite all the chances he's had to go, cursed his mind for keeping him tethered here despite his sudden wish for watching sunsets and drinking martinis as the world ended (he'd never drunk but he figured this was a good as time as any to do it). And the worst part of it all was he didn't know the why. The fucking x variable.

He didn't have much time after to sit and rethink every decision he's ever made in his entire life for a flash of blue came from his peripheral and then Five was sat down next to him on the park bench.

Emery's heart leaped and skipped a beat out of shock. His lips downturned as he opened his mouth to tell the boy off but Five was speaking. "No time for that." He said, grabbing onto Emery's arm and teleporting them back into Five's room.

"Jesus Five. You'd think after I stormed out on you like that it would be a clear sign that- what the..." Emery trailed off as he soaked the room in. Every inch of the wall was covered in white chalk. Equations, numbers, words, things Emery couldn't even begin to decipher were littered across every nook, every area he looked at. "Five, what-"

"It's a probability map." Five said, shaking out his arm and moving to a section he was working on, writing down a few numbers. "I'm narrowing down everyone in the world into people who are most likely to cause the apocalypse."

"Ok," Emery said, eyes narrowing. "What does this have to do with me? I don't want any part in this Five. I'm done."

But when he moved to open the door and leave, he was almost body checked by Luther who standing on the other side, one hand raised as if he were ready to know.

"What is all this?" Luther asked when he looked past Emery and noticed the walls.

Five all but rolled his eyes. "It's a probability map." he recounted.

"Probability of what?" Luther asked, walking in.

"Of whose death could save the world. I've narrowed it down to five." Five said. Emery paused his own advances and slowly turned, frown never falling from his face as he looked at Five cautiously.

"Are you saying one of these five people causes the apocalypse?"

"No, I'm saying that their death might prevent it." Five amended.

"I'm not following," Luther said.

"Time is fickle, Luther. The slightest alteration in events can lead to massively different outcomes in the time continuum. The butterfly effect. So all I have to do is find the people with the greatest probability of impacting the timeline, wherever they may be, and kill them." Five's eyes had that maniac tint in them again. "Where are you going? I need you." Five said but there was nothing desperate in the way he had said it.

Emery paused from where he was retreating out the door. "I thought I told you-"

"I brought you here because I need your presence err- help." Five butted in, offering no further information. His gaze was hard. "You're staying."