Eighteen

What's your current hyper fixation/hobby?

Emery should have told Five then, about Vanya. He had the boy's undivided attention. Emery knew. He was still propped up on his bed but after Emery had finished, he lay down, head to the ceiling, and arms spread wide as he soaked the information in.

They were silent for a long moment. Emery should have taken the chance but the sad thing was- his mind was anywhere but on Vanya. It had simply slipped his mind at the most unconventional time. The information would have helped them with the apocalypse and go finding out the remaining variables but Five must have figured something else out because his head popped up and curious eyes looked at him, tainted by that gleam of borderline mania.

"How did Dad know the apocalypse was coming?" He sat up and so did Emery from where he had sat down on the same chair from the previous night.

His eyebrows knit together. "He couldn't have."

Five snapped his fingers. "Exactly." He jumped up onto his feet and in two swift steps, he was at the door.

"But the question still stands," Emery said, moving to stand up as well. Five just smiled and stepped through the doorframe.

"Exactly." He said again and then he was gone in a flash of blue, stepping through the void until Emery was alone standing in the place Five was seconds before.

"Fucking hell Five." Emery cursed as he pushed himself through the doorway and down the hall, poking his head in all the doorways in search of the boy.

He hadn't left the academy. Emery knew this much. If anything, he was in one of his sibling's rooms, eager to share whatever discovery he had made. Diego wasn't home, neither was Allison or Vanya and Emery couldn't find Luther so he settled for locating the last room which he could only hope was Klaus'.

He had never actually been in the man's room but when he rounded to the final doorway and nudged the door open, he exhaled upon seeing Klaus and the subsequent Five. The same Five who barely batted an eye upon seeing Emery standing in the doorway, chest rising and falling more irregularly.

"Emery, glad that you could join us. Anyways, as I was saying- get up, Klaus. We're going?" He said.

"Where?" Klaus flitted his head up from where he was laying in his bed. The room was dark, illuminated only by the light that managed to fight through the translucent curtains and the fairy lights strung up.

"To save the world." Five said.

"Oh, is that all? Great..."

"So, Pogo said Dad killer himself to get us all back together, right?"

"Yeah, so?"

"So it got me thinking. I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel. So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?" Five explained his ideas, pacing the length of the room.

"Well, you know..."

"Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical." Five deadpanned. "Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse."

"Yeah, but I always thought he just said that to scare us into doing the dishes," Klaus said. Emery blinked, twice as grateful that he didn't grow up here.

"Me too. But what if the old man really know it was going to happen?"

"Yeah, but knew how?" Klaus asked, shrugging on a shirt, shoes, everything he was currently lacking when he was deemed near naked.