Eight

What would your theme song be?

The pair of boys were forced to move a moment later when the police entered the area. Emery concealed them with shadows while Five worked to wedge open a window, eventually giving up and smashing a fist through it when he couldn't open it.

They started walking back to the academy at the fastest pace they could manage which was factually speaking, not very fast. They were both drained of energy and littered in who knows what. Five set to picking out the small glass chunks from his hands while Emery took the liberty of checking down every alley they passed in case they were being followed.

Finally, they reached the academy and pushed the door open tiredly. Emery followed Five as he trudged up the stairs as if the weight of the world were on his shoulders and technically speaking- it was.

"Five?" Allison asked when they reached the top of the stairs. She along with Luther who was beside her looked alarmed but Emery couldn't blame them. They probably looked like walking corpses right now. "What the hell happened to you?" She asked.

"Are you okay? Can we help?" Luther added in, raising a hand to try to help Five but the boy only raised his own and clamped onto Luther's arm, lowering it.

"There's nothing you can do." He said, any optimism drained of his being. "There's nothing any of you can do." He said before truging to his room. Emery followed a moment later when Allison and Luther then turned to him, not saying a word as he nudged open Five's door and took in the boy who had collapsed onto his bed with Dolores clutched to his chest.

Further inspection told Emery that Five was bleeding but when he moved to find the first aid kit Five must have hidden somewhere in the room, Five was groaning out a 'don't' and he sighed, giving up. "Don't be an idiot." Five grumbled through closed eyes, he lamely gestured to the foot of the bed. "Sit down. Sleep." A moment of silence passed in which neither of them moved. "Or don't. See if I care." Five said, going back to his usual demeanor.

Emery just shook his head but moved to sit a moment later, letting himself lean into the wall and sink into the mattress. It wasn't the most comfortable of positions but it was better than anything else he was going to get so he took the opportunity and let himself succumb to the promise of sleep.

Emery Lamont was proud to say he got a full eight hours sleep that night.

It was the most he had ever gotten ever since accidentally traveling through time not once but twice to Texas and then back here so when he awoke the next morning, he found he had the mental capacity to put up with Five's overall presence just that much more.

"Morning princess." Five said when he noticed Emery was awake. Said boy was already up and dressed; perched on the other side of the bed stitching up his wound.

Emery ignored the nickname, saving his sanity a little while longer. "Morning." He replied, voice deep and laced with sleep. He rubbed at his eyes and winced.

"Yeah, it looks pretty bad. Klaus sure did a number on you." Five said as Emery stood up and walked to the mirror in the room, looking at his eye that had bruised and gone a tint of blue. "And on the topic of Klaus, how are you guys so close already? And even better yet, when the hell did you have a run in with Hazel and Cha Cha?"

"That's what those fuckers names are?" Emery groaned as he realized he was chased and nearly killed twice by people with the names Hazel and Cha Cha.

"Yes that is what their names are." Five deadpanned.

Emery kneaded his forehead with his fingers and groaned internally. Be civil. "I ran into them when you ditched me two nights ago. Remember that? I was trying to get a motel and they just so conveniently walked out. I then ran into Klaus who was snooping around some alleyway and he gave me a place to crash for the night."