chapter 25

Oliver felt flabbergasted at her response to his sudden attack; why was she so calm about it, and what was she planning in that sick head of hers in retaliation? People don't know her as well as he does, she is built for revenge and that's what he wanted from her—he wanted to drag that side of her back out and was willing to use force if it meant to have back the Alina he once knew. Alina, on the other hand, did not want to reverse herself back to that twisted form. She'd rather be dead than to be so emotionless.

"I remember," he spoke. "You have the power."

Anyone could tell she was tired; her movements were languid and she slowly rose back to the couch. He propped himself up on his elbows and gazed at her. "You know my sister is in town, right?"

"Your sister? I figured since you were here that she would be too."

He exhaled. "Yeah, she wants to meet up with you to talk."

The emphasis on "talk" was an indication that she didn't want to just talk she wanted to do something else. "Okay, when?"

He looked at the clock on the wall and smiled.

"Right now, actually."

Knock. Knock. The sound of someone knocking on the front door was beginning to be more of a cry than a greeting. Olive could be on the other side of that door. She could greet her with death but the possibility of being hugged made Alina feel butterflies. She wanted to be hugged — needed to be hugged by her.

Was that wrong?

"Alina, are you going to open the door?"

"Yes."

She was hesitant and scared, but mainly because she knew what type of person Olive could be : an insanely jealous one. Olive is the type of girl to claim you as hers and hurt anyone who breathes too close or looks for too long; she has what they call "obsessive love disorder" and Alina is her target. She was hesitant to open the door because she knew on the other side stood someone who is unstable and impulsive, and she wasn't ready for their reunion yet but she didn't have much of a choice.

She opened the door slowly and inhaled a sharp breath then exhaled. "Hello, Olive."

Olive looked her up and down, then she smiled happily. "Alina, my sweet Alina!"

She threw her arms around Alina's neck, pulling her into a hug as Alina's arms wrapped around her waist. Her face buried in her shoulder as the two girls were seemingly thrilled to be together.

"I missed you."