Chapter 15

"Dan, maybe this was a bad idea. I don't think she's ready for this. Did you see how she reacted to Gabbie?" Polly spoke with distress, leaning on the wall of her light blue bedroom. "She... She was scary, Dan, that wasn't normal anger—no—that was murderous anger."

Daniel chuckled softly at her accusation, "Pol, have hope in the girl. She was just reunited with her abuser; cut her some slack."

His hand rested on her cheek and he caressed the delicate, pale skin. "Okay, I'll have faith."

Black strands of hair splayed about the maroon colored pillows and carefully outlining the edges of Alina's face

Black strands of hair splayed about the maroon colored pillows and carefully outlining the edges of Alina's face. Long strands stretched across the bedding like hands reaching out to grab hold of something and the shorter strands formed lines that curved at the ends. It was a sight for sore eyes; almost like a Goddess or Princess. The black fabric of her clothing clung to her figure, outlining it precisely. It was an indescribable sight to anyone who might see; lucky for our protagonist he was the first to lay eyes on her.

Originally sent into the room to awake her from the slumber in which she lay happily asleep in, Colton found himself mesmerized by the beauty. She was almost as beautiful as Aurora herself, if not more. He didn't wish to wake her, he knew she needed and deserved what little bit of sleep she could get even if it would be a mere three hours—the child barely gets enough as is.

He ran his long fingers through the grayish color of his hair, pulling them through each strand until he finally let out a long sigh.

"What are you doing, miscreant?"

Colton turned around, the hair at the back of his neck standing on end.

"You're the woman...? Oh—yeah—you're the woman that abused her, Gabbie?"

A spark of aggravation flicked in her eyes.

"I did not abuse her, I disciplined her. There's a difference."

"Ah, just like there's a difference between being a Mother and being a woman-who-hits-her-kid-for-fun." A small smile rose on his face when he said that.

He was purposely annoying Gabbie.

"Hah. Not like an off spring such as yourself could even begin to understand where I come from."

"Bold of you to assume I want to understand such a thing. It's ridiculous. You people always make the same excuses for your actions when confronted yet you never seem to grasp the fact that you hurt your victim. It's shameful. You should be ashamed, Miss."

Gabbie sighed and took a step toward the sleeping girl who lay on her bed. Her slender fingers brushed the loose strands of black hair away from the child's face as she slept.

"I wished nothing but a normal and happy childhood for her, I truly did but it just didn't work out the way I intended it to."

Her eyes lowered a bit in sadness.