Chapter 11

The grey haired boy introduced himself as Colton and he was seemingly kind towards Alina, showing no signs of having or craving to hurt her or betray her, and it only made the eleven year old girl more suspicious of him. No one could even say Alina was wrong in thinking so because the girl had been through literal Hell before now so it only makes sense for her judgement to be this way, if not worser than what it was. Her judgement would only decrease or increase depending on how Colton treats her and how he responds to her almost torturing mind set that only destroys her.

"So what brings you to this town? I don't think I've ever seen you before." Colton told her with the same wide smile plastered on his face.

Alina cleared her throat.

"I was brought here for a new-start is what I guess is appropriate for me to say. I'm not from here, there's no getting around that, but I do know some stuff about this town, so I'm not a complete stranger."

The black haired girl was almost, just almost, unsure of herself and Colton got wind of this as soon as it happened and he kept it in the back of his mind for now, because what can you do with something that has no purpose at the moment? Nothing. You can't do anything with it, which is why he'd rather hold onto it for now and use it later where it's much more needed.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm your friend, 'cause these other kids don't like new-comers," he spoke quietly, almost like a whisper. "You don't want to go to the very back of the bus, that's where the mean kids sit and they'll bully you endlessly if it means they get entertainment."

Alina completely tossed his warning aside and ignored it. She hadn't any reason for them to hate her, she just transferred here, they don't know her therefore they have nothing to judge her for. But, out of respect for Colton she wouldn't go to the back unless provoked or asked to.

It was at that moment the long yellow bus pulled into the school's front area and a gate opened at the same time the bus door flew open. Antonio Asae knew it would be best not to inform the kids due to the fact that they all will try to plummet each other in an attempt to get off the bus and into the school where they have more room to roam around and cause chaos.

"The bus door is open, so we better hurry up and go before anyone else notices." Colton said, grabbing Alina's arm and crawling over her, leading her off the bus. Alina followed him to the class where they would presumably both be sitting together hence why Colton hasn't let go of her arm yet, in fact, he doesn't want to let go in case she wonders off and gets lost but you gotta do what you gotta do. He stopped in front of a bit wooden door that was already open wide for the students to pour in like a waterfall and so they took their first step into the room, observing it closely before landing on the male teacher standing behind his desk in the front corner of the room. He glanced up and saw Alina and to her surprise he rose to his feet to greet her.

"Ah, you must be the new student, Alina Leila, correct?"

She nodded in agreement.

"Perfect! You'll be sitting with Colton Kabir until the seating arrangement changes which is every three weeks, okay? So, go drop off your bag and we'll have you stand up here with me when everyone settles in and you'll introduce yourself, 'kay?"

She nodded again and the second she turned her back his face fell into a state of disgust hidden behind a face of a pure joy. And this is what we call a teacher ladies and gents. (Definitely not salty because of real life events haha.)

Before she knew it it was time for her introduction to the class.

"Everyone I need your undivided attention, please," the teacher spoke, "we have a new student today. Come on up, sweetie."

Alina stood from her small wooden desk and made her way to the front of the class, standing in front of the large black chalk board, she said:

"My name is Alina Leila. Before anyone asks, no I am not from this town. Please do not question me about my eye color. Please do not pester me with any ridiculous and annoying questions."

You might say her intro was rather mean and douche-like, but she had to put her foot down and make it clear she's not here for any questionnaires or to play Wheel of Fortune with anybody.

She's been alone for years and that's how she likes her life to be other than the pesky child who managed to sneak his way inside of her life. She's not here for any social games. She's not here to be friendly with them. She's here because Polly forced her to come and she couldn't reside in Daniel's opinion because he agreed with his wife. Alina was cornered at this point; she was lost in a sea of emotions revolving around her mother and the way Alina used to be. She worries she won't have any control over herself if the time comes where they would be reunited in some magical and mysterious way. She knew it wasn't over that night. She knew she'd be back to take Alina with her, but she couldn't quite wrap her head around it all. Instead the questions encircled and trapped her.

When?

When will she return? When will she be back? When will she come back and haunt me and all that I am?

Why?

Why come back to the daughter she abandoned? Why even torment me anymore? Why can't she just go away and leave me alone?

Where?

Where will she pop out from? Where will she suddenly attack me? Where will she decide is appropriate to infiltrate my thoughts and drown me with thoughts like she did all those years? Where will she hurt me next?

Who?

Who will she attack next if it's not me? Who will she take as hostage to get me where she wants me?

How?

How long until she does it? How long do I have to suffer before she's satisfied? How long will I be expected to suffer? How much do I have to give away in order to just be normal? How am I expected to be strong enough to take on all of this misery?

Oh..

That's right....

She's alone.

She forgot about that one single factor that always comes into play despite the many, many attempts to prevent it.

She's alone.

And she'll always be alone.

It's futile. Everything is futile.

She went back to her desk and laid her head down, closing her eyes, and drifting off.

She'd just have to wait for the years to come.

Author's NOTE
The next chapter will be a time skip to when Alina is around the age of Fourteen so please keep an on the ages of her!
It's definitely important to the story ;)