06

I wake up in a place I don't recognize. The material is hard and uncomfortable and my body aches.

I slowly sit up, looking around and realizing that two of my siblings are dead.

Wonderful.

I check their pulse but it's far too late. I sit there for a few seconds just looking at them. Their faces are all bloodied and torn, and their bodies are laid in a random position.

They were always assholes to me.

I don't exactly know what to do so I just get up and walk around a bit. There's nobody around so I decided to do a little exploring.

"Hello?" I call out. I walk around the lobby, looking around for someone but nobody shows.

"Anybody there?" I ask.

I walk around a bit further, looking up the stairs, and not seeing anyone. I walk over to the counter as a little kid jumps out from behind them.

"Ah!" He screams when he sees me. I scream too.

"Jesus!" I say, "You scared the shit out of me." I put a hand over my chest to attempt in trying to calm my racing heart.

"You scared me!" He said. He takes a moment to look at me and then looks at the suit I have on.

"Wait- aren't you one of the guys that came in here?" He asks me.

"Yeah. But I don't want to hurt anyone currently. That was more so for my siblings than for me. Aren't you the kid that set the pillar on fire?" I ask.

"Yeah." He laughs a little once he realizes that I'm not here to hurt him.

"That was pretty funny, honestly," I say, laughing at the memory.

Until I feel some guy hold a knife to my throat.

"Why are you talking to my son?" He asks me.

"I'm simply making conversation, I don't intend to hurt anyone," I say putting my hands up defensively.

"Oh yeah? Tell that to the others you came in here with." He says.

I sigh, "Alright, we may have had bad intentions on the way in here but after the whole explosion, I really don't feel like fighting. You can tie me to a chair to make sure I don't but all I'll do is take a nap." I tell him.

He slowly lets go of me as I put my hands up in surrender.

"Stay right here." He points at me with his knife.

I sit down criss-cross on the floor, putting my head in my hands.

He starts getting onto Stan about how he shouldn't have done what he did.

"You're gonna clean up every square inch of this." He tells him.

"What? Most of this wasn't even my fault. It was the man, the octogenarian." Stan fires back.

"I don't give a shit where he grew up. You're gonna clean. No one-" He gets cut off by Stan.

"Yeah, you're just mad that you got your ass kicked by a floating cube!" He says as the hippie comes in laughing.

"That's it. You're grounded." He says he says to Stan.

The knife guy then turns to the hippie, asking, "Why are you laughing? You were conveniently absent when all this shit went down." He says

The hippie replies, "I was talking with Dad."

The knife guy points at Stan, saying, "Don't move an inch." Then grabs the hippie.

"Huh?" The hippie asks.

"You ask him about the mother shit?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"What'd he say?"

"That he didn't kill them."

"Oh, you believe him?"

"Well, I don't know. It's hard to say. The Sparrows have got him all doped in like a... like me!"

He goes on, "It doesn't alarm you at all, the fact that they're drugging their father?"

The knife guy replies, "Wish we would have thought of that. Anything else?"

"Oh, you know the luggage room in the basement of the Academy where we used to huff paint?"

"Yeah, vaguely."

"Do you recall this blinding orb of light?"

The knife guy pauses and then says, "Now we're done."

"Huh?" He asks.

The manager comes up with a whole cleaning cart, a list, and keys, handing them over to the knife guy,

"As you requested."

The knife guy walks over to Stan handing it to him.

"What the hell is this?" Stan asks.

"Your punishment." He says, "And when you're done here, you're gonna clean every room on Chet's list to pay for this shit, okay?"

Meanwhile, the hippie starts messing with towels on the cart, putting one across his arm.

The knife guy goes over to him and puts his arm around him, guiding him over to Stan.

"And your Uncle Klaus is gonna watch over you." He says.

Stan immediately rejects, saying, "What? No! Please don't."

"What? No! Why can't you do it?" Klaus asks.

"Because I have to watch over this one over here-" He points at me, whose head is being held up by my hand. "-and I have to babysit Luther in case Allison pops off again. Okay?"

He stops and takes a breath then continues, "All right, you two have tons in common."

"No, we don't," Stan says.

"Really, like what?" Klaus asks.

"Being a pain in my ass," Diego says, gesturing for me to come with him.

"Eat shit," Stan says quietly.

"You're an asshat," Klaus says also being quiet.

"Heard that," Diego said, while he and I walk off.

(A/N: I know the past few have been short but I promise you the chapters are going to get really long the second that Five shows up. Please just enjoy the story :))